cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 has taken money from my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
On checking my bank account today I noticed I was into my overdraft. On checking further 02 had taken £273 from my account for a phone I no longer have placing me into my overdraft at a cost of £30. On calling to complain and have my money refunded I was told it was definately a mistake by them but the money would take 5 days to appear in my account. What am I to do over a weekend and how am I going to feed my family I asked. Basically the answer was TOUGH!! A complete and utter disgrace of customer service. I asked for compensation and was told to phone back again from an 02 shop tomorrow? If anyone knows how to complain officially in writing please advise.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Totally agree. Having worked in the bank during the hight of the bank charges scandal (pre court action) some of the stories were right out of a Steven king book, but there were several genuine folks, and those are the ones you bent over backwards for.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yep been there. Worked nights at the credi card centre at the time. Mix in the charges scandal with the huge obscene bonuses for cur Freddie Goodwin along with a sufficient amount of alcohol fuelled abusive customers wanting 6 years of statements yesterday and it's no wonder I yielded to the stress and collapsed at work with long term heart and kidney problems. Bear in mind I also worked for O2 in the Bury call centre for three years and I have no illusions how some advisers treated problems.

Message 12 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Jeez... Hope your conditions are under control now.

Think a lot of staff are off shore these days, doesn't help with improving the service offered.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 13 of 16

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Under control thanks and happily enjoying retirement for the last five months slight_smile

Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Under control thanks and happily enjoying retirement for the last five months slight_smile

And contrary to what folk might think ...being retired does not mean being brain dead hey @jonsie? Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Nope, I prefer mature and sensible....though I'm well known in another country to leave my sensible head locked in the suitcase LOL

Message 16 of 16