cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV blocked

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have several cameras at home for which I have ports forwarded so that I can access them remotely, I’ve just added an NVR with another 4 cameras but cannot access them remotely from my phone unless I run a VPN on the phone in which case it works fine.
What are O2 doing to block my cameras?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
A number of these ports appear to be blocked by o2.
We get similar complaints for other connected devices and apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don’t think it’s ports being blocked as ports that work fine on my IP cameras don’t work for my NVR.
Message 3 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous have you had any joy getting your CCTV working? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I can access everything fine with a VPN running on my phone but without the VPN I can only access my IP cameras not my NVR attached cameras.

I'd like to know exactly what is being blocked.

Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @Anonymous I'll see if I can find out any additional information about what may be causing this for you. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I've sent you a private message about this so please get back to me when you can slight_smile

signature

Message 7 of 9

Manda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just got the SIM last week, it was working fine for a couple of days then stopped day before yesterday. I called o2 they say it's an app issue, clearly not because it work on WiFi and on other mobile devices with other networks. Any one been able to bypass or find solution? How do you setup VPN to access CCTV on 4G
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Manda 

It's pointless posting the same thing on numerous threads. You were given your answer here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Can-not-connect-to-my-CCTV-system-via-the-... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9