Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Water damage

I dropped my Google Pixel 2 in water last night, seemed fine but now won't charge so I assume the water has damaged the charging port. Maybe too late to try the rice method now. Has anyone had this issue and if so can it be fixed?

Anonymous

Re: Water damage

@Amanda1 I think the phone is dead in the water. You may need to get a new phone or see if the manufacturer can repair 

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,377

Water damage can be really weird. Sometimes won't effect anything and others a complete total loss. Get it looked at by a qualified phone repair shop and they will be able to assess it accurately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 83

I'd suggest cutting out any middle man and going straight to google.
Not sure on warranty legnth but I do know the pixel 2 has an IP 67 rating and should be fine with a little water..

Level 69: Guiding Light

@Amanda1 Do you have insurance on the phone? Some homeowners contents policies cover phones. If I were you, I'd be taking a look to see if you have a policy. If you don't, I'd be looking at how much I have in the bank to buy a replacement.Smiley Sad

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Level 6: Acolyte

they say if you put it in rice then should help.
Level 1: Joiner

I put it in rice and it's all good now! :-) 

Anonymous

Good news all round then