cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail 950/XL Windows 10 Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will VVM be supported on the Windows 10 Mobile OS aswell as the new 950/XL devices. I know it was only on O2 Software wiith 8.1 but as i understand the handling of the OS is solely done by Microsoft.

What i want to know is if i get an Unlocked 950 from Microsoft directly will i be able to get VVM?

Thanks

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will O2 be selling the device sans contract, or can we purchase the 950 O2 variant from CPW?

i am not after a contract and i would like to be purchasing it outright.

Message 21 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
CPW only sell CV phones and the only way to get a 950 from o2 without contract is on PAYG.
However, you can take a refresh contract and pay the device off immediately which is effectively buying without a contract and will give you the phone you want.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i may just for the the CV from the Microsoft Store, it is a real shame about the VVM, i has hoped that the phone used a similar system to the iPhone's carrier updates and didnt require a specific firmware to be present. 

I may have to look into the Refresh contract option, is the price more expensive than a sim free device?

Message 23 of 45

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It depends which tariff you choose - some may work out cheaper but until they release the pricing we won't know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 45

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Got an update - not the one many of you are after, but perhaps one you'll still be interested in. It's about VVM.

After some testing with Microsoft, we've got VVM working on all open market Windows Phone 10 devices - the 950, 950XL & 550. That means that even if you've not purchased these devices from O2 directly, you'll still be able to get VVM so long as you're using an O2 Pay Monthly SIM.

So to confirm - VVM now works on all Windows Phone 10 devices so long as you're using an O2 SIM - even those who may have got their device elsewhere.

For any Windows Phone 8.x device that is subsequently upgraded to Windows 10, for VVM to work the device will still need to have come direct from O2 and be using an O2 SIM. VVM will not work on non-O2 handsets that are using an O2 SIM, in this particular instance.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 25 of 45

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Got it, thanks.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Chris_K. That is Great news for us who wish to purchase the phone separately. Appreciate your time, Thanks.
Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something to also bear in mind is apparently VVM is not supported at all for Dual-Sim Windows 10 Mobile phones.

Message 28 of 45

xma1e_
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just brought the Lumia 950 XL from Carphone Warehouse and upgraded to a new O2 contract.

I can confirm visual voicemail DOES work with non branded. You configure it in Windows Mobile 10 setup.

Message 29 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good to hear @xma1e_

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 45