Did you mean: 

Unlock code for E5573B

ab22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Like others, (although I bought the device from O2) I'm still waiting after more than the ten working days suggested. 

As noted previously, the (O2 suggesed) email support service has been shut down, a supplied liveperson link doesn't work; and O2  support chat could only ask for all the details again, and re-submit the  code request.

Is there no way to find out what's going on & actually get it unlocked ?.

I use the device in an area with very patchy O2 data, despite being in a town centre... so would like to try a different provider. Standing in the street to get useful internet isn't good, especially during rain :).

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@ab22 It sounds like you've already done all you can do and it's being processed as it should, but I can get someone to double check if there's any way to get it all sorted faster if you'd like as it sounds urgent. I'll need a few more details first and will send you a Private Message shortly slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Try a new SIM and you may find it is already unlocked.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I think generally speaking these huawei Wi-Fi dongles are rubbish.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ab22 

General unlocking advice here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Following the link in your MyO2 is the best way forward.

I'll also tag @EmilieT to help if it is required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @ab22, and sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting this device unlocked! Did you follow the process in the guide above already? 

If you need more help after trying that out, please do give us a shout slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 10

ab22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I followed the instructions, yes.

My details weren't accepted, so eventually, a support chat session took them & successfully placed a request.

A confirmation email was received, saying might be up to 10 working days.

After 10+ working days, I contact support chat again. They say no way to see what's going on : all they can do is place another request.

They did that, and I got another conformation email, same as the first one.

'  I'm sorry, we have not been able to provide you with unlatching code for
your device at this time as it has been requested from manufacturer. It
will be sent as soon as we receive it, this can take up to 10 working
days.   '

I've read here how some have waited months to get an unlock code : is that really all I can do... just wait ?. I need the device on Wednesday.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@ab22 It sounds like you've already done all you can do and it's being processed as it should, but I can get someone to double check if there's any way to get it all sorted faster if you'd like as it sounds urgent. I'll need a few more details first and will send you a Private Message shortly slight_smile

signature

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ab22 

Have you tried it with another sim card as it may be unlocked already?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

ab22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, that was the first thing I tried.

Message 9 of 10

ab22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's resolved now. My thanks to everyone who responded, and EmilieT for checking with the gurus & messaging me the code once it arrived from Huawei.

Message 10 of 10