Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send email from Doro 5516

Maddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently got a new Doro 5516 but am unable to send emails from my Plusnet account.  I can receive them with no problems but as soon as I try to send one a message pops up instantly saying 'sending' and then another which says 'failed'.  I have played around with various settings such as port numbers etc:  I contacted Doro and was told to raise the issue with the network provider, however the advisor in the local o2 shop wasn't helpful - in fact he didn't even know how to switch the phone on.  I returned the phone to Mobile Phones Direct who replaced it without any qualms, however, none of the above has resolved the issue.  I notice from the community pages that quite a few people have this problem.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could tell me what settings I should be using together with any other useful hints.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Maddy 

Try these in your outgoing (smtp) settings.

plus.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your email username and password
Setting up for the first time
Email username: Your Account username
Email password: Your Account password
Your Account username and password are the ones you log in to the plusnet website with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm sorry I don't understand your last message.  What are you asking me to do.

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Maddy 

You need to open the email settings on your phone, go to the outgoing mail settings and enter the details as posted above.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply unfortunately I still cannot send email.  My Settings are as follows;

Server

Message 6 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I still cannot send emails.  My settings are as follows;

Server      relay.plus.net

Port         587

Security   SSL/TLS

Authentication OFF

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Maddy 

Change security to <none>

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Changed security to off - send failed again

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Maddy 

Authentication on and enter your username and password.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17