Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send email from Doro 5516

Maddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently got a new Doro 5516 but am unable to send emails from my Plusnet account.  I can receive them with no problems but as soon as I try to send one a message pops up instantly saying 'sending' and then another which says 'failed'.  I have played around with various settings such as port numbers etc:  I contacted Doro and was told to raise the issue with the network provider, however the advisor in the local o2 shop wasn't helpful - in fact he didn't even know how to switch the phone on.  I returned the phone to Mobile Phones Direct who replaced it without any qualms, however, none of the above has resolved the issue.  I notice from the community pages that quite a few people have this problem.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could tell me what settings I should be using together with any other useful hints.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry - still no luck...
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@Maddy 

Change relay.plus.net to smtp.plus.net

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry already tried that...
Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Are you sure username and password is correct @Maddy 

and is your email address a plusnet one?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The username & password are the same as used to login to my plusnet account and my email address ends .plus.com. I also cannot receive or send using my google account although I have allowed less secure apps used the shortcut link to UnlockCaptcha. I have turned 2-stage security on as well. Any thoughts on this?
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

I'm reaching the limit of what I can suggest remotely @Maddy 

Is it the same on mobile data and wifi or just one data connection method?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Maddy
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think it's time to call it a day. Many thanks for trying.
Message 17 of 17