cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Nano SIM for new phone - unable to get through to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 hours trying to contact O2! 85 Minutes on phone, used a contact us email form online, to be emailed back shortly afterwards saying email no longer being supported (webpage is still live though!,) sitting on a live chat form with no one answering. Now trying these forums slight_smile

My two year tariff has just come to an end.I have just separately brought a new phone (sim free) that requires a Nano SIM. The SIM I have at the moment is a Micro SIM.

I have changed my tarrif with O2 to a 12 month SIM only deal online, but I need a new Nano sim for the new phone. There was no mention about a new SIM being sent out, as there was nowhere to state I needed one or had changed phones.

Aside from going in store, and unable to speak or contact them, how do I get a new SIM. Is a new one automatically sent out, or how can I contact them. Does anyone know?

Many thanks

Katrina

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, they should send you a new sim. When did you change tariff?
If not, by far the easiest way is in store but if one does arrive in the post (usually after a couple of days) you need to do a sim swap yourself http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, they should send you a new sim. When did you change tariff?
If not, by far the easiest way is in store but if one does arrive in the post (usually after a couple of days) you need to do a sim swap yourself http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I swapped my sim out in the shop in seconds. Much easier 🙂
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Daddydoink wrote:

Same here @Daddydoink. None of this waiting 24 hrs ...if you go instore...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Daddydoink wrote:

Same here @Daddydoink. None of this waiting 24 hrs ...if you go instore...:smileywink:

Usually done within a few minutes & all done before you've even left the shop sometimes 

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, change of tariff was today, and yes just had an agent on live chat confirm that new sims are auto sent out. Would have been helpful if there was any mention of this in the process of changing tariff...

thank you for responding to me.

K.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hope it all goes well @Anonymous. Thanks for reporting back wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting us know that it's all solved @Katrina99. Remember that if you have more questions the community is here to help! slight_smile

Message 8 of 8