Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop issues

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Any windows experts have any idea why a laptop would literally take 30 minutes to boot up and then take another 30 minutes to respond to anything like opening explorer or internet browser etc.

It's a fairly new Acer, AMD Ryzen 5 and Radeon Graphics card. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I'm very confident that this will be sorted to the complete satisfaction of @MI5 , not sure he needs any life lessons in dealing with big companies from the likes of us, given his position at a large global retailer Rolleys

Hello @jonsie ... ... ... what is @MI5's position at a large global retailer please ?

I only speak from my humble experience, I vote with my feet regarding unacceptable customer service in the rather quaint town in which I have lived for well over 20 years ... I know nothing about @MI5 's line of work, no doubt from what you say he is somewhat high up in the company for which he works ... I have no wish to look up @MI5 's Spotlight feature ... nor to make enquiries

No offence to anyone intended with this post of mine

I do know, yourself included, @jonsie I get the very best of help on this community from a lot of people ... I would be much the worse off if I didn't, wouldn't I ?

I've only ever done office work to fit in with my then husband's career

sunflower

Message 41 of 46

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I don't like to discuss too many personal details on public forums Jane wink
Anyway, PC World accepted the laptop for repair this morning..... Suspected hard drive failure.
Will be away with their "Guru's" for a week.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 46

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 43 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I don't like to discuss too many personal details on public forums Jane wink
Anyway, PC World accepted the laptop for repair this morning..... Suspected hard drive failure.
Will be away with their "Guru's" for a week.

Will you let me apologise if I have made you feel uncomfortable @MI5  ... and ... @jonsie 

Pleased PC World have accepted your daughter's laptop for repair @MI5 

Hope their 'Gurus' do a good job for you

Message 44 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well we can only hope and pray

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 46

jonsie