Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9LITE Nougat

whyohwhy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Disgusted and disappointed that O2 is still not upgrading the P9 Lite to Nougat Oreo is now out yet security patches and operating systems updates are abysmal Will leave O2 and Huawei at end of contract
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@whyohwhy wrote:
@Chris_K please advise on P9LITE lite

Hey there,

Sorry for any confusion caused - the P9, P9 Plus and P9 Lite are at slightly different stages of test/approval. Regarding the P9 Lite however, this has been approved as of this morning and is now with Huawei to begin sending it out. At this stage, we'd expect this to typically take around 1-2 weeks (sometimes a bit less/more).

Regarding the P9 and P9 Plus, when we've more info to share - we will slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

Oreo isn't out yet. It was only announced yesterday and Pixel and Nexus devices will be the first to receive it. Although I do sympathise with you that the P9 hasn't been updated to even Nougat yet!

It has been approved by O2 though so should be arriving on your phone very soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What annoys me is the amount of time it's taken to get 1 step behind the latest update Whilst I hate apple I can see why people support it This is O2 being tardy and I know I'm not the only one who is unhappy Generally companies that treat their customers with disdain and don't listen lose custom I get the impression O2 doesn't care
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
I can understand that.
Hope you get Nougat soon mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And O2 tweet that it isn't approved and they are working with Huawei to resolve
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
@Chris_K told us different.
Maybe he could check for you ?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Chris_K please advise on P9LITE lite
Message 7 of 21

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @whyohwhy,

We are really sorry to see that you are disappointed but, as @MI5 said, Oreo is not even out Don't know 

Latest news from TechAdvisor here: Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features By Marie Black | 48 mins ago. 

Google states:  "We’ve also been working closely with our partners, and by the end of this year, hardware makers including Essential, General Mobile, HMD Global Home of Nokia Phones, Huawei, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, Samsung, Sharp and Sony are scheduled to launch or upgrade devices to Android 8.0 Oreo."

We hope it helps! Wave 

P.D. We will see if O2 has any update for you thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 21

whyohwhy
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm not daft enough to expect Oreo My point is that we don't even have Nougat and Google is releasing Oreo How far behind do O2 have to be
Message 9 of 21

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

I know @whyohwhy,

That is why I have added it "We will see if O2 has any update for you " It is all we can do cry

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 21