Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block 141 prefixed numbers

Whiteman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone please tell me how to block incoming calls prefixed 141 on a Nokia C3-00

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's probably not as simple as that.

😞
Message 21 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You'll be interested to know that I've just chatted online with an O2 Guru who has arranged for a 'dedicated team' to monitor my calls for 5 working days to trace this pest who's been phoning my mobile for the last "15" months! They say it can be stopped!!

I'm amazed, perhaps a bit cynical, as have drawn a blank whatever I've tried but will let you know how I get on - this just MAY be the answer!!

Message 22 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146904 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
That's interesting to hear.... I don't think we've heard of that before.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
That's interesting to hear.... I don't think we've heard of that before.....?

Snap.

@Looking forward to the update from you on this @Whiteman

Message 24 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised myself as had foned O2 Customer Services months ago who said they could only look at 'outgoing' calls, not incoming! So if this works, I'll shout it from the rooftops!! But bet the pest won't call me in the next week now, you see!!

Will update once they've been in touch!

Message 25 of 38

MI5
  • 146904 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Ain't that always the way 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 26 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have now emailed a sample log of these nuisance calls to the O2 nuisance call bureau!

I was told they can establish the actual number from investigating this log, so now I'm waiting with baited breath for them to contact me!!

Watch this space, as they say!!

Message 27 of 38

jonsie
  • 93266 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Following this thread with great interest. Hope they fulfil their promise.

Message 28 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, here's the answer to my original question 'How to block 141 prefixed numbers': 

The O2 Nuisance Call Bureau have contacted me to say they traced ALL my nuisance calls to the ONE number - actually, a 'Pay & Go' O2 customer! The 'pest' will be contacted and told to stop these calls - otherwise 'further action' will be taken by myself, i.e. go to the Police!!

So the answer to my first question is: You can't block such nuisance calls, but if you keep a log of them, then the O2 nuisance Call Bureau can trace them and take action! So there we are - you learn something every day!

I don't give up easily - now my persistence has been rewarded! Phew!!

Message 29 of 38

jonsie
  • 93266 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Good to know. It's the first post on the forum that has been successful with regards to this. Well done for your persistence and we can advise others having the same problem.
Message 30 of 38