Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block 141 prefixed numbers

Whiteman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone please tell me how to block incoming calls prefixed 141 on a Nokia C3-00

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146904 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
LOL slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, you two - dont fight over me! I'm only a 'new' boy trying to stop a pest!!

Still pondering over that 'Handy Blacklist' software - sounds really tempting; is it safe, as I dont want to create 'lists' - just stop ALL 141 prefixed numbers!!

Message 12 of 38

MI5
  • 146904 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
I was only winding him up wink
Never used the app myself.... I'd suggest you Google for any reviews on it first.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, sad to say, I tried that Handy Blacklist app - unfortunately the download failed, said my Nokia C3-00 wouldn't accept a sis file! I emailed Paragon Software who've just come back & apologised that they made a mistake, they've 'altered the description' and they dont sell an alternative!!

So, sadly, it's back to the drawing board!!

Any further ideas would be most welcome as I dont want to change my number, only as a last resort!

Message 14 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Drastic but what about changing your phone to one that has the facility/ability to block numbers.

😞
Message 15 of 38

MI5
  • 146904 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Agreed, that may be the only other option available to you.....
All Samsungs have call blocking built in to the software.
Message 16 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting! But do they have the facility to block 'private numbers' in general, or 'unknown'? I thought you can only block specific known numbers?! If so, do ALL Samsung phones have this facility, or only the expensive 'upmarket' smartphones?!!

Message 17 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
The actual number does have to appear on the phone in order to block the callers text or phone call.

MI5 is their something in google play such as avg etc that blocks all hidden calls.
Message 18 of 38

MI5
  • 146904 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
On my S3 I can block specific numbers or "Unknown/with held" numbers.
There are apps on Play but I've never used them myself (no need with a Sammy) but I've heard the AVG anti virus app call blocker is good.
Message 19 of 38

Whiteman
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further to my problems with nuisance calls with 141 withheld numbers, how is it that on my landline I can just activate Anonymous Caller Reject which now blocks all such numbers, yet there is no facility for this with the O2 network? Just costs me £3.88 a month - peace at last on my landline!

Surely, in this hi-tech day & age, the same can be done for mobiles??!!

Message 20 of 38