Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harrassment calls

Debz1076
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an iPhone XR and I am being harassed with calls and texts. The person responsible has a house full of SIM cards. I have blocked all numbers he’s used so far but it only blocks texts because he is withholding the number knowing that my phone will still ring. I really want to avoid changing my number because I’ve had it since the days of BT Cellnet and it’s attached to a lot of accounts. (I will also be filing for harassment the way it is going). Is there anything I can do via O2 or Apple to completely block numbers?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Debz1076 

You can check you call settings and see if you have the option to block unknown or private calls.

Other than that the only other thing is to get the police involved.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Debz1076 

I would change your number. You are allowed one free change. You need to contact O2w

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Debz1076
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know about silencing unknown numbers but as it silences all unknown including the police that isn’t viable. Changing my number is going to be a right drama but thanks for confirming it’s my only option.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sorry it's not better news but you should be involving the police over this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5