cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Nokia 206 security keyguard code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I feel like an idiot, but I can't find how to change the security code on my new Nokia 206 from the default.  All it will let me do it switch it on and off.  Any ideas, anyone?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the userguide for it is no use, it just says:

"You can set your phone to ask for the lock code that you 

define. The default lock code is 12345."

How about:

"Security keyguard lets you lock your phone’s keypad with a security code. The security code is asked when you unlock the keypad.

To activate or deactivate the security keyguard:

1. Select Menu > Settings > Phone (or Phone settings or Device) Security keyguard.
  2. To activate or deactivate, enter the current security code (The preset code is 12345).

Note: Once you change your security code, the default setting is no longer valid. If you have changed your security code and do not remember the new code, contact your dealer or local Nokia Care Point.You can answer a call or make an emergency call while the security keyguard is activated."

So what happens after you do this and put in the preset code of 12345? is there not an option to change it to your own code?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had expected there would be an option to change it to my own code after that, but there isn't!  I have been on to O2, who supplied the phone, and they couldn't help me.  I also tried to change the PIN2 number (I have already successfully changed the PIN number) in case that did the trick, but although it will let me enter a new PIN2 code it won't let me confirm it.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you figure this out chap?  I just picked mine up today as a work phone for the decent standby time.  Anyway, you can change your lock code in the Access Codes section slight_smile

Message 4 of 4