cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free headphones did not arrive with phone?

Han1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I recently purchased the Sony Xperia 1 ii which was on an offer to get a free pair of Sony headphones with it, but i received the phone today in small packaging and it had a leaflet inside saying "We are pleased to enclose your new SONY WH-XB900N Wireless noise cancelling headphones" and then some stuff about warrenty, but I dont have the headphones and theres no way they could had fit in the small packaging so does anyone with similar experiences know if it arrives later? And I'm not quite sure how to get in contact with 02 to ask them about this so if there is anyway i can reach them i would appreciate the assistance 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Han1 

You would normally have to claim the headphones via the Sony redemption site.

However, from the posts of others, it appears that Sony have ended the promotion now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@Han1

I take it you bought the Xperia 1 ii after the 3rd December?

Sony Xperia™ 1 II Offer ("Offer") – O2 UK

Promoter: Telefonica UK Limited 260 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 4DX (“O2”)
Promotion Period: 00:00:01 03/12/20 and 23:59:59 25/12/20 or while stocks last
Redemption Period: while stocks last

This seems to be an o2 offer, so you will need to Contact Customer Services im afraid, as they should have been delivered to you.

Call 202 or 0844 809 0202 (they open at 8am) when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 12

Han1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased it on the 3rd but the offer was definitely on and the headphones show on my order details email, I spoke to 02 customer services about it via live chat on the website and got told i need to redeem them via Sony so I've emailed them and seeing if they will provide any help, but if it is an 02 offer like you say, then I'll try phoning them on the numbers provided, thanks 👍

Message 4 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions
@Han1

Its definitely an o2 offer, and nowt to do with Sony (for a change).

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sony-xperiatm-1-ii-offer
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Han1 

Contact numbers for O2 here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You may have to say "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Han1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ah i see cheers, i'll give them a ring and hopefully they'll be a bit more helpful than live chat lol

Message 7 of 12

Han1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yep just spoke to 02 on the phone and they told me the headphones are shipping at a later date but I'll definitely be getting them, thanks a lot for the help!

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

FrancoB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the same problem....the offer on the O2 app says valid until Dec 25th !!!
Message 10 of 12