cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you recover old messages on Nokia lumia

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Is their any way of retrieving old texts. I have a court case soon and need them. They were on my mums phone. We've just realised they aren't there now. She or I never deleted them but when her phone gets to a certain amount of messages old ones delete. Is their any way of getting them back, very important. Thanks
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not unless you backed them up using a PC suite or app etc I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not unless you backed them up using a PC suite or app etc I'm afraid.
Message 2 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Check and see if there is an app available to auto back up sms messages.
It may not help now but might help you in the future.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

im not sure you can, maybe as MI5 said, but to be honest I dont think their is as its stored to phone memory and like anything you delete once its gone dude, its gone 

Message 4 of 20

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

On the older Windows Mobile there used to be a program called Microsoft My Phone which backed up contacts  calendar SMS messages etc. automatically.  There seems to  be something similar for Windows Phone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Windows_Phone so if that has been activated there should be copies online.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

cool never knew that was a facilioty on windows phones... slight_smile 

Message 6 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Just to add that on my Lumia it seems to be in the OS so check your backup settings on the phone, you may have already backed the messages up to One Drive (formerly Sky Drive).

Sign in to One Drive online and check. Fingers crossed.:smileyhappy:

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

I checked my onedrive but there was no option to back up SMS, only contacts, calendar, photos and videos.

Which is strange because on the phone it says text message backup is turned on ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

in my one drive I have a text file in the "My Phone Export" floder both online and on my PC sms.txt

Capture.JPG  Capture2.JPG

PC                                                                            Online

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
I don't think mine is set up properly - I'm gonna look into it......
Message 10 of 20