cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 550 Windows 10 intermittently sends and receives text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Microsoft Lumia 550 windows 10 phone has since I got it 2 weeks ago does not send or receive texts. When it decides to stop sending messages in the settings under Network& Wireless, then in Mobile & Sim there is nothing no settings. The only thing at the top of the screen is web link Mobile & settings. Sometime if I switch the phone off and I can send txts and all the information in the screen under mobile and simm is there. I was told by a shop Guru that it could be the 4g setting so this was changed to 3g and it still happened. It is not as frequent, it may occur once every 3 days, sometimes I have to take the battery out. It's getting to the point where I be return the phone to the shop...any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There are still quite a few bugs in Win10 so it could be connected with one of them or it could be a faulty sim card.
You can get a free sim swap by asking in any o2 shop to rule that in or out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Not sure whether the settings are correct...you say you have checked them? I would be looking to return the phone if you can't get it working properly...even with the help of an 'O2 Guru'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I've on with O2 via web chat the day I got the phone, went to see a guru on the 4th, then the shop where I bought it, been on the phone and I'm going to the shop this morning to either get new phone or sim...I just want it fixed. I can't afford to miss txts from my kids family. Thanks for your input.

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Settings have been checked and double checked when you can see the settings, these disappear when you can't send texts. The sim has been removed and cleaned. I'm going to the shop where I bought it this morning to either change the phone or get a new sim. I was told by a few people it may be the sim....lets see what happens. Thanks for you comment.
Message 5 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Let us know how you get on @Anonymous!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby....Well they changed the sim and fortunately or unfortunately after switching the problem resurfaced for the staff to see, a bit of head scratching commenced, so it wasn't the sim. The guy checked all the settings, went on line and checked there, could find nothing. They ended up replacing the phone, I'm now at home waiting for the phone to install quite a big software update then I'll personalise the phone to my requirements. So hopefully that puts an end to the matter....:-)

Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As you say, hopefully that sorts it for you....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 23

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I hope so @Anonymous! Do update us with how you get on.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 23