Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox NowTv broadband

tb1uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

since O2 closed TuGo, i've had an O2 Boostbox.

all was fine till i joined NowTv broadband. the boostbox wont connect.

been onto NowTV and they said nothing they can do. so, contacted O2. told the lad on the phone the problem and he asked me a few questions and then passed me on to Gagandeep Moore Technical Support Analyst. she sent me a file and said i had to contact NowTV to adjust the following settings on my router.

UDP port 500 (IPSec IKE)
•UDP port 4500 (IPSec IKE NAT-Traversal)
•UDP port 123 (NTP)

i did tell her that NowTV won't do it but, she insisted they will. guess what? no they won't as the boostbox is not their equipment. so, tried to call O2 again about it and this time when i call i can't get through. i need the boostbox as there is almost zero signal where i live and i only joined O2 years ago as i could do call's and texts using TuGo. i can make call's over wifi, but, not texts. when texts do come through. i get a load at stupid o'clock overnight when my phone hits on a signal

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tb1uk 

Those are the ports that are required for an O2 boostbox to work.

O2 can't chnge that as the entire system runs that way.

If your BB provider won't help, you'll need to move back to one that will.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tb1uk 

Those are the ports that are required for an O2 boostbox to work.

O2 can't chnge that as the entire system runs that way.

If your BB provider won't help, you'll need to move back to one that will.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@tb1uk

Im afraid NowTV support, being as useful as ever, and it's not down to o2 to open up ports on your broadband.

Im am surprised that NowTV are blocking IPSec Ports, but it does look like nowTV aka Sky Broadband block a lot of VPN tunnels although they wont admit it, however this might help:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Need-to-access-work-vpn/td-p/552997/page/2

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3