Did you mean: 

Blackberry 10.2.1 Update - Coming soon!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi there Blackberry users,

I have some good news to share with you all. I don't have an exact date quite yet but the 10.2.1 update is headed your way and should be winging to your device sometime soon. Here's a taster of some of the best bits you can expect to see:

- Optimised battery life with new monitoring options and indicators
- FM Radio does not require any network connection so can you listen to local FM stations (Z30, Q10 or Q5 smartphone)
- Offline Browser Reading Mode lets you save the current web page for later viewing, even if you are offline.
- Lock Screen Notifications are now actionable, so you can respond to important messages more quickly or discreetly.
Full list of changes here > http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/blackberry-10-os/whats-new.html

Ohh, and as well as the above... We're making a small change of our own. The 2G network switch will be making a comeback with this update.

So, when's it coming? Soon - We currently hope for it to be before the end of the month and quite possibly next week, but we'll keep you in the loop if we hear of any delays.

Looking forward to the new update? What feature are you looking forward to most?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Chris_K

Thank you for sharing this.

For me it would be the 2G switch re introduction and the optimised battery feature.

Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

We already have the 10.2.1 update which was pushed OTA by O2

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry posted that too early and can't edit as I'm on mobile!

Chris, did you mean the 10.3 update which is with developers just now?

Buttoning forward to having the 2G option back...it'll save my battery no end when I'm at work and having to deal with a horrible signal.

Will we also get the 3G only option back?
Message 4 of 20

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Chris_K , is this a later version than the 10.2.1.2102 already pushed out or just adding the 2G only option?

The 2G  option will certainly be welcome in the notspots I visit.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to backup that we already have 10.2.1 - http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/O2-quot-confirms-quot-Blackberry-OS-10-2...

I've just been doing some checking and its not going to be 10.3 yet.

Aldaweb, I think you're right, possibly an update to the current 10.2.1 OS or up to 10.2.2...although all the features Chris mentions were introduced in 10.2.1. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chris_K 

Do you have any update on this? Are you able to confirm what version of 10.2.1 is being issued along with the 2G fix?

Thank you

Message 7 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Papa,

Chris is holiday as we speak, but I shall ask around to see what I can retrieve slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, no probs Toby! Thanks for any information you can provide that might help clear up the confusion slight_smile

Message 9 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
No worries, it may not be today, but I'll try haha
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 20