cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10.1 Maintenance Release

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has started rolling out and should bring the OS version up to 10.1.0.4537 or higher. How soon can we expect to see it released by O2?

This will give us a whole host of improvements including iCloud sync, copying SMS messages shows a verification pop-up, there's a new Gmail set-up process, and SMS sending status now shows in the Hub. There are also updates for the native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn apps and BlackBerry World.

More importantly there is support for simple passwords on the lock screen so we will now be able to use a 4-digit PIN to unlock the phone...this is probably the one thing I am looking forward to! 

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Yes same for me.

4G+3G+2G or 3G+2G only.

Sent from my Z10

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 51 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sm using blackberry Q5 software 1010 4181

No update to 10.2 available and networks available for me are 2G, 3G or 2G&3G
Message 52 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Yes same for me.

4G+3G+2G or 3G+2G only.

Sent from my Z10

Thanks Aldaweb...would you find the 2G only and the 3G only options useful if we could get them back? I'm going to be calling O2 BlackBerry Support because I used these options everyday...particularly the 2G option to save on battery life!

Navigate, 10.2 isn't out yet but i would have assumed that the Q5 would have got the 10.1.0.4200 update that the Z10 and the Q10 got! It is 4G compatible after all! Is there no update showing if you go to Software Updates in settings?

Message 53 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing for me, just tried again and will try again on my laptop tonight I'm on 4181 so who knows what's going on 😞

Shame that 2G is being turned off as an option, is this because the network will stop providing a 2G service as 4G enters?
Message 54 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, no blackberry Q5 update available at the moment, I'm currently on software 4181
Message 55 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm not sure I would use the 2G only option much living and working in and around London, though there are still a few areas where I only get GPRS, but I do carry the battery charger bundle with me to give a boost to battery life or in extremis a battery swap. I have the Flip case on so not always convenient to swap battery, but it does the same as the holsters, shutting off the screen when closed.

Having said that, when we visit North Devon there is poor signal and most of the time not even GPRS so the 2G only option would be useful there.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 56 of 56