cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10.1 Maintenance Release

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has started rolling out and should bring the OS version up to 10.1.0.4537 or higher. How soon can we expect to see it released by O2?

This will give us a whole host of improvements including iCloud sync, copying SMS messages shows a verification pop-up, there's a new Gmail set-up process, and SMS sending status now shows in the Hub. There are also updates for the native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn apps and BlackBerry World.

More importantly there is support for simple passwords on the lock screen so we will now be able to use a 4-digit PIN to unlock the phone...this is probably the one thing I am looking forward to! 

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the first time ever on any of my BlackBerry's I have set a passcode now that we have the option for a short passcode of 4 digits.

But I have to say one thing....DAMN THAT UNLOCK SCREEN IS UGLY!! 

Would it have been much hassle for BlackBerry to make it look at least a little prettier?

Other than that, I havent really noticed much of a difference, although I suspect the update is still "bedding in".

Message 31 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Anyone else getting repeat update notifications after updating?

If so OTA or BBlink?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 32 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, not having a problem with repeat notifications.

However I am still having problems with sms messages! Randomly whenever I try and send a txt message it won't let me press the send button, and any messages I open always have the same sender. The fix I posted before resolves the problem for a while, but its kinda annoying!

Message 33 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Maybe there's some flag not being set when updating with BBlink.

Have you noticed a deteriation in battery life? Used to get a full days use, now needs recharging after about 10 hours.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 34 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent noticed any deterioration at all but thats probably because I connect my phone to the charger when I drive home after work so have almost a full battery again by the time I get home Smiley LOL

I will say though that last night is the first time since I upgraded that I have seen the 10% warning flash up and I used to reach that almost every night previously!

However this txt message issue I'm having is starting to annoy me. Its almost every 48 hours its happening and there is no rhyme or reason behind it. I considered upgrading to the leaked OS 10.2 until I read on Crackberry that this issue still occurs on there as well.

so, now I'm wondering if a full wipe and re-install would work...and just say bye bye to all of my text messages (none are important)?

Message 35 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to update ok using blackberry Q5.

No repeat notifications for me, BUT since the update my alarm does now not switch my phone on 😞 ooohhh blackberry!!!!

Message 36 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm...thats a strange one especially as i can't find anyone else having the same problem anywhere!

Have you tried restarting the phone by hold down both volume keys at the same time until it restarts? Sometimes a restart can fix things!

Message 37 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have managed to update ok using blackberry Q5.

No repeat notifications for me, BUT since the update my alarm does now not switch my phone on 😞 ooohhh blackberry!!!!

Not seen that with this update but similar happened with the bosses Z10 with the 2131 update which we didn't get (he's on Vodafone). The alarms were cancelled and had to be set again.

Message 38 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will tryt and reset the alarms and set them up again. Anyone have any idea when they will update the software so that we can have more than 1 alarm ?

Message 39 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I will tryt and reset the alarms and set them up again. Anyone have any idea when they will update the software so that we can have more than 1 alarm ?

That's coming in the 10.2 release! There are leaked version of it out there already but I'm not sure when the final release date will be. Its gone Gold so developers now have it so it can't be too far away to be honest. I reckon it'll be next month possibly?

But here is a list of what is included in 10.2:

http://crackberry.com/whats-new-blackberry-os-102

Message 40 of 56