cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10.1 Maintenance Release

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has started rolling out and should bring the OS version up to 10.1.0.4537 or higher. How soon can we expect to see it released by O2?

This will give us a whole host of improvements including iCloud sync, copying SMS messages shows a verification pop-up, there's a new Gmail set-up process, and SMS sending status now shows in the Hub. There are also updates for the native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn apps and BlackBerry World.

More importantly there is support for simple passwords on the lock screen so we will now be able to use a 4-digit PIN to unlock the phone...this is probably the one thing I am looking forward to! 

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot buiddy, that 10.2 seems excellent, a lot of good fixes there slight_smile
Message 41 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

In other news, if you check for an OS update you should get 10.1.0.4200

Activates 4G in the mobile network settings ready for the switch on next week slight_smile

Message 42 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got it but not sure I'm happy with the selection we now have! I used the 3G only and 2G only options every day at work and these options are now gone. I found the 3G &2G option rarely gives me 3G at my work.

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow when I get to work!

Message 43 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I'm not a happy bunny! This update has definitley removed the "2G Only" and "3G Only" options.

When I'm at work I only get a GPRS signal, even when "3G & 2G" is selected. However when I switched to "3G only" I was able to get an H+ signal and so could use the internet on my phone.

However now that the "3G Only" option has been removed I am stuck on GPRS with no way of forcing the phone to use 3G or H+...and so I have now lost my ability to connect to the internet at a usable speed. Facebook and Twitter take ages to load updates and even then I don't get to see the pictures. The browser is incredibly slow if it loads the page at all.

Does anyone know how we can request these options are put back in by O2, or who we need to speak to?

Message 44 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Odd! Smiley Frustrated

If I check for updates it says 4181 available even though it's installed. No sign of 4200. slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 45 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it back, I was able to get an H+ signal at lunchtime! Just about to go back outside so will see how I get on!

Aldaweb, what version does it say is currently installed on the Software Update screen?

Mine is now showing 10.1.0.4200

Message 46 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

if you mean the about screen it shows 10.1.0.4181 but as I've previously said I was getting repeat notifications re the 4181 update, which I did through BBLink. I guess I'll have to let it update to 4181 again -OTA this time-before I see 4200. I don't think some software flag was set/reset when I updated.

In Sofware updates it says 10.1.0.4181 available

Edit: just hit the update button and it has found 4200, updating now.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 47 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! at least you're getting the update now!

The only difference I've seen is the change to include 4G...and the bloomin' removal of the 2G only and 3G only options.

Ive just been outside and I've decided I'm not happy. Lunchtime must just have been a fluke that the network reverted to H+ because I spent 15 minutes on GPRS there with no way now of flipping it to a 3G signal.

Not a happy bunny again...:smileysad:

Message 48 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I haven't noticed anything different other than the 4G appearing as an option either.

OS version now 10.1.0.4780 and Radio 10.1.0.4781, don't know what they were for previous version.

Will have to see if battery improves.

Message 49 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay everyone that has updated their Z10 and Q10 since last Tuesdaym can you tell me what you get when you look under Network Mode in Mobile Network?

I now only get:

"4G&3G&2G" and "3G&2G"

However previously I was able to get:

"3G&2G", "3G only" and "2G only"

Can anyone confirm that you are seeing the same on this latest update, and that you have also lost the "3G only" and "2G only" options?

Message 50 of 56