cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bbm not sending messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Blackberry curve 8520 and for 3 moths I have had a problem with my Bbm messages, I send a message and it will either come up with a red clock and will stay like that no matter how much I turn off my mobile network and reset my phone or it will come up with the line things that are like a speaker or maybe even a tick which doesnt have a 'd' or 'r' over the top of it? I've tried everything, what else can I do?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
2 things which fix most BB problems, 1. Pull the battery with the phone turned on. 2. Reset your service books.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have the blackberry bolt on correctly provisioned?

When you look at your signal type up the top: gprs, edge, 3g, H etc. Is it in captial letters or small case?
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, My GPRS is in capital, My internet works fine and everything it's just my Bbm

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would go to Options > Device > Advanced system settings > host routing table and then click your blackberry button and tap 'register now'.

After this, remove the battery and put the phone back together. If it still isn't working a few years later when the blackberry comes back on - call CS and ask them, they should be able to check the phone's services.
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
2 things which fix most BB problems, 1. Pull the battery with the phone turned on. 2. Reset your service books.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is about reseting things Is I dont wanna lose anything like credit etc.. will this happen?

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried the battery hundreds of times, My blackberry is almost 3 years old and also has a thing for crashing and going onto a white screen so I have to turn it off and turn it back on when it crashes which is near enough all the time?

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay Thankyou, I'll try it now

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The thing is about reseting things Is I dont wanna lose anything like credit etc.. will this happen?

The suggestions I made won't effect your credit or any private data stored on the phone.
Message 10 of 16