cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bb10 Os UpDaTe - z10 noW ScRewed

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

did a software update last night which failed; phone wouldn't boot up without connecting to my laptop... tried update again, same problem. left it over night and i have no contacts, phone capability or text. tried the update again, phone will not boot up again...

any ideas?!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys... i'm back again...

Any ideas??

Upgraded to 10.2 when it came out, had no problems with install. had a few days of switching off for no reason but it settled down and phone has been working fine. 

Monday this week, checked my messages at 9 am, went into work, came out at 5... phone is dead... got home and plugged in... nothing... battery pull... nothing... left battery out overnight, back in Tuesday morning and plugged back in... nothing... left on charge all day... came home... nothing... picked the phone up and it booted up... worked fine... went to bed, got up wednesday morning and... nothing... i've got a new battery, charged it up... nothing...

If i hold the power button down, the led comes on and stays on (red) for 10 seconds or so then nothing. Can't connect it to Link, can't get it to start up...

HELLLLLPPPPPPP PLEASE!!! 🙂

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Sounds like there could be something more serious at fault with your phone so it may be worth getting it in for service. However, I'm sure PapaDug and aldaweb will have some other suggestions for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I assume you man the 10.2.1.2102 update which is the latest (OS version 10.2.1.2141) not the earlier 10.2.0.x version.

If not then an update would be first step.

When the phone is plugged in from dead does the LED pulse red/yellow to indcate charging?

Otherwise, first thing I'd try is to plug the phone in  and let it charge then do a wipe (assuming you have everything backed up) and clean setup from scratch whilst still plugged in.

If the extra battery was the 'Battery Charger Bundle' then you could charge the battery in that then wipe as above in case of any problem with the phone charging circuit. 

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice would be much the same as Aldaweb.

However just a few more things:

* What happens when you plug the phone into the PC? Is it detected? Try this with and without Link running.

* What happens when you plug the phone into the PC with the battery removed?

* When you get the red/yellow LED flashing on the phone, what happens when you press and hold the power button for around 30 seconds?

* Whilst plugged in charging, with the battery inserted, what happens when you hold the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time for around 30 seconds?

How old is the phone?

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

In order:

plug into the PC - not detected. If i then hold the power button so the LED comes on, PC will detect something plugged in however doesn't recognise what is plugged in. With Link running it doesn't do anything or recognise it. without it running, it opens the old BB desktop software... which obviously doesn't detect its a Z10.

same happens when connected to PC with out the battery in. Red LED, connection noise then old BB desktop opens, Link unresponsive.

LED only comes on red and only after i've pressed and held the power button. Stays on for about 30 seconds then goes out.

When plugged in and charging, holding the volume buttons does nothing.

i have charged the new battery in the charger cradle and then fitted to phone, nothing beyond a red LED for 30 seconds.

Old battery went in charger and was 'fully charged' within minutes - it had been in the phone charging.

Phone does not switch on, i can't do a wipe and start again, i can't get it to connect to link etc. etc.

I got the phone Launch week, so Jan last year so it's a little over a year old.

Thanks all so far - any more ideas?

Message 15 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks very similar to what Aldaweb has posted above but with a bit more screenshots for each step:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Uninstall Desktop manager first though and use Link instead.

I'm currently trying to find the developer guide that I've heard works as well...

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right...

i've followed the Nerdberry link and everything that should happen did happen... software updated, loaded etc etc. still the phone won't boot up 😞 

Also managed to do the same through Link... it still does not want to boot up.

Had enough for tonight; will try again tomorrow now - if anyone has any other ideas to try, please let me know... don't really want to have to send it away but if i have to then so be it...

thanks again

Message 18 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Unless papadug has any other ideas I think it's a case of sending for repair.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason the developer forums at Blackberry have been locked down and i can't access them any more so I can't get at the solution that has worked for others in the past. It does look as though it will have to be a warranty repair job by Blackberry (NOT O2!!), but I have one more throw of the dice which is a variation of one of the methods above...running an autoloader of the operating system, but I'm struggling to find a working autoloader (then again it might just be my works PC that is the problem Smiley Very Happy )

I'll keep looking when I get a chance.

Message 20 of 22