cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not connecting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, for the past two weeks my data has not been connecting from my BlackBerry Z10. I have checked my O2 account and have all of my 1GB remaining. Also just updated all my apps and software in the hope that this would solve the issue but unfortunately no change. Wifi working fine if that's relevant.

Hannah
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, for the past two weeks my data has not been connecting from my BlackBerry Z10. I have checked my O2 account and have all of my 1GB remaining. Also just updated all my apps and software in the hope that this would solve the issue but unfortunately no change. Wifi working fine if that's relevant.

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

First things first, do you see the blackberry "dots" at the top right of your screen as per below (Between H+ and Wifi strength indicator)?

Calling-02-210-100.jpg

When you're not on WiFi does BBM, Email or Internet work at all?

Try going into Settings, Network and Connections, Mobile Network, and then turn Data Services off and then on again.

On this screen ensure the following is set:

Mobile Network - On

Data Services - On

Data Services while roaming - Off

Network Mode - 3G & 2G, or 4G & 3G & 2G

Network Selection Mode - Automatic

On this screen, what does it say under Availabe Networks? Does it say O2 - UK with Voice/Data underneath it?

Where in the UK are you situated? I'm wondering if you have Data Roaming off but you're possibly connecting to a network other than O2 (sometimes the case in Northern Ireland the closer you get to the border) and so data will turn off?

What happens if you go into Settings and turn Flight Mode on and then off again?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please check your mast status first by inputting your full postcode in this link ;

http://status.o2.co.uk/

How have you checked your O2 Account ?

If by using your MYO2 then its still worth contacting Customer Services if the below help suggestions fail. 

202 for Pay Monthly customers.

4445 for PAYG Customers.

You can Check your APN's in the phone :

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

To get these settings again either manual input them or you can Text ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings, and re boot your phone {turn it off and on}.

Here is a help thread of bullet points to work your way through ;

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752

Check your micro sim in another phone if available as a process of eliination.

If after trying all the problem resolving tips you are still having isues then perhaps then approach Blackberry Uk Support to have the phone checked over.

http://uk.blackberry.com/support.html

Let us know how you get on.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Hannahb good morning.

Might sound a silly thing but sometimes it can be overlooked but is Mobile data turned on in your handset settings?
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good point Piperdog123.

Also worth checking that airplane mode is not turned on too.

Do you get any symbol in your status bar depicting 2g/3g/grprs or e.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

First things first, do you see the blackberry "dots" at the top right of your screen as per below (Between H+ and Wifi strength indicator)?

Calling-02-210-100.jpg

When you're not on WiFi does BBM, Email or Internet work at all?

Try going into Settings, Network and Connections, Mobile Network, and then turn Data Services off and then on again.

On this screen ensure the following is set:

Mobile Network - On

Data Services - On

Data Services while roaming - Off

Network Mode - 3G & 2G, or 4G & 3G & 2G

Network Selection Mode - Automatic

On this screen, what does it say under Availabe Networks? Does it say O2 - UK with Voice/Data underneath it?

Where in the UK are you situated? I'm wondering if you have Data Roaming off but you're possibly connecting to a network other than O2 (sometimes the case in Northern Ireland the closer you get to the border) and so data will turn off?

What happens if you go into Settings and turn Flight Mode on and then off again?

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If after trying all the problem resolving tips you are still having isues then perhaps then approach Blackberry Uk Support to have the phone checked over.

Sorry, thats a bit premature, there are quite a few things that can be tried before even contemplating contacting BlackBerry support.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, thats a bit premature, there are quite a few things that can be tried before even contemplating contacting BlackBerry support.

As you quoted me did you not see this part of my reply "If after trying all the problem resolving tips"

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, which I read as after trying all of the problem solving tips that you suggested. However there are a number of other things that can be tried.

Any advice to contact Blackberry should come at the very end of problem solving, not after the first lot of generic problem solving tips.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awaiting an update from hannahb.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

Thank you for suggestions! 

Ironically, the last thing I tried to do was turn my phone on and off (in fact I didn't even think of doing this as my phone never gets turned off- smart phone generation??) In any case, this seems to have resolved the problem and I feel mighty silly!

Hannah

Message 10 of 13