cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Customer service!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sick and tired of the absolute lack of customer service at o2. For well over a month now o2 have failed to help me even in the slightest, all they have done is waste my time completely.

It started when my I discovered my phone was locked. I went to get it unlocked (it was locked without my knowing when i bought the phone I might add, a phone singular, not with contract) and all the unlock code attempts were used up. So I phoned o2 directly, and they said they would send me a code to unlock it. They have sent me numerous e-mails, all with the SAME code that does not work. I phone again, they assure me the next code will work; It does not as they AGAIN send the SAME useless code. I phone AGAIN, this time on the phone for over 2 hours explaining in fine detail the problem, they tell me they understand, and will send me a new & unique code that will definatly work. That was 2 weeks ago & I am yet to recive the e-mail or code.

I am completely FED UP with the poor & frankly flippent customer service at o2, and I'm starting to think it will never get resolved because they just dont care at all about their customers as long as they get their money each month.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, what is the other network u r looking use in the fone? Is it 3?

Message 11 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I agree with previous comment regarding a market stall or phone shop. The Curve is a fairly easy phone to unlock with the correct equipment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I tried that first, but as the phone is completely locked down the only ones who can unlock it now are o2, and o2 are not helping at all...

Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
And no the other sim is with Virgin
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FishMan.

I work for O2 so might be able to give you a bit of advice information.

Firstly, O2 don't sell any phones 'SIM FREE'.  None of the networks do.  Thats from places like Carphone Warehouse, Phones4U or Amazon.

As for the unlock code, the reason why you keep getting the same code is because there is only 1 code.  The manufacturer gives O2 the code and they give it to you (with instructions on how to put the code in, and how many attempts you get, with a warning not to put it in any more than twice).  The unlock code is based off your IMEI number, which never changes and so neither does the unlock code.

At this point, unless you take it to a repair shop and pay, only the manufacturer can help.  You'd have to send it to them, and they'd have to agree to resolve it.  It may even need a new phone, but thats for the manufacturer to decide.  No matter how much you try, O2 can't help any further.

Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, well (1) It was bought from o2 & it was bought as a sim free, because they have it on record, as I have already spoke to o2 over the phone about it.

(2) They said they can send another code, and that I would recive it in an email. That was 3 weeks ago, and I have not yet had any email or any contact what-so-ever.

O2 sold me a phone, that they locked to o2 sims only, without informing me. That right there I'm sure is illegal. If o2 can not fix the problem then o2 owe me a new phone. Everything from the day it was purchased is on record, and if they had sold it as a phone for only o2 sims & explained the whole locking thing, I wouldnt be in this situation.

Message 16 of 32

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I really don't know where you get the sim free idea from and it isn't illegal for O2 or any other network to lock their phones.
They have provided a code, which by your own admission you have entered incorrectly and used up all your attempts.
Anything out of O2 now will be goodwill as they certainly do not "owe" you anything....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they did not give me any codes until AFTER the phone ran out of attempts. And the code was still wrong.

And if it isn't, then it should be. If I buy a phone from a shop, with no sim & for use as I see fit, they at the very LEAST should inform the buyer that the purchased phone can only work with their sim cards. They did not explain this nor was it written down anywhere. And now the phone is bought & locked, my phone that I paid for that I own, I cant use it. Because of their locking it to their network.

If I bought it as an o2 phone with a contract that would be differant. But I bought it as a phone with no contract. At which point I should of been informed that it can not be used with anything other than o2. As they did NOT inform me of this, but still was happy to take my money, they are at fault, no me.

Message 18 of 32

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They just aren't listening, I'm afraid not much more we can say really.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 32