cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry user here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering if anybody else uses BBs. I have two at the moment, a Passport and a Q10 and like them both!! Honest!! I am a little worried about BB at the moment and would like some idea of what I should be looking at. Is Windows10 worth a look? Or maybe Android, is it really as bad as some say it is? Or iOS, but have used one at work and didn't really like it. I love BB10, but it is not supported too well, and not pushed enough.

Feel free to help me!! Lol

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Aye, that seems ok for a low end spec device.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 21 of 37

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
3gb ram and an octa core processor is not low end.

the only thing is the "low" resolution, and that is only in comparison to flagship devices sporting either QHD or 4k screens.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well I'll assume it's the Z1 compact then as the only other compacts was Z3 and Z5
So going on that..
You consider a low end lumia better than the Z1?
Message 23 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Well I'll assume it's the Z1 compact then as the only other compacts was Z3 and Z5
So going on that..
You consider a low end lumia better than the Z1?

Laughable....

Message 24 of 37

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Hmmm... Bases on what's you guys have said. I don't think it was the z.

It was small and each corner was a sortcut to and app etc. You could have one larger widget per page. Maybe an xperia. I'm going back a few year Iike. As I said, we have all moved onto windows so Im talking from past experience but they could very well have improved. But my point remains that if you learn on android and move from one manufacture to the other, the os will look and feel different. Windows is the same over the board. And for the record, I have been considering switching due to failures on windows 10. I'll give MS a few moths more to work out the kinks or I'll really give it some more consideration.
Message 25 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Xperia x10 mini
I put money on it.
Came with Android Donut on it. (1.6)
For comparison the equivalent Windows phone then was HTC HD mini and it was also absolute crap.
All os's were trash back then, it was still an emerging market.
Modern day os's are a long way off from the references you have and tbh, saying Windows budget phones are better based on experiences from 2010 models is really stretching it beyond acceptable points of reference.
Message 26 of 37

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Yeah, I guess looking at it like that your right.
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well when I try an android out I will let you know. 🙂 

More info

Message 28 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well when I try an android out I will let you know. 🙂 

More info

The Samsung Ace 4 is on its way to you for Try The Tech @Anonymous wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 37

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Currently using a low end Android.
Fast and stable.
Most are tbh and the "Android is buggy and laggy" comments tend to come from a friend of a friend. I.e modern day urban legend invented by isheep to try and legitimise the same tech in a £100 Android as what's in their own £700 handsets.
"Oh but Android is buggy" no it's not.

Hmmm. My Moto X (1st Gen) was fantastically brilliant when I first got it. Then I made the fatal mistake of "upgrading" to Android v5.1. Turned the phone into a pile of junk literally overnight as certain features disappeared I loved using (specific to the Moto X) and then started freezing at strange times. Like when receiving a phone call.....

Not saying Android is bad but be aware there's an extraordinary amount of updates that go that can annoy you as everything changes at the whim of Google or the app developer which can ruin your experience.

Message 30 of 37