cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry user here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering if anybody else uses BBs. I have two at the moment, a Passport and a Q10 and like them both!! Honest!! I am a little worried about BB at the moment and would like some idea of what I should be looking at. Is Windows10 worth a look? Or maybe Android, is it really as bad as some say it is? Or iOS, but have used one at work and didn't really like it. I love BB10, but it is not supported too well, and not pushed enough.

Feel free to help me!! Lol

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Android is fine. well, better than BBos anyway.
Message 2 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It depends what you want our of a phone. If you want simple and easy and dated technology with in house restrictions then go with Apple. If you want adaptability and cutting edge then go Android.  Many on here use a windows phone but not for me I'm afraid. 

Message 3 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I think you'll find that Android is the preferred OS for most of the regular contributors here. Should you choose an Android phone, you'd be in good company, and would be able to call on several very knowledgeable people if you ever needed any help or advice. 

The only Blackberry phone on O2 is the Classic, and the newest Blackberry Priv runs on Android. Not hard to work things out there....

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/blackberry-priv/23345/blackberry-priv-Android-Lollipop-M...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 37

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm am windows phone user. Have been for many years. I really like it, and have followed the rise. If apps is your thing, windows is not for you. But, all the main ones are there, but banking apps etc are scares. Games however are popular and I've seen an increase in well know ones from android, plus many give you Xbox achievements, if your into that. Windows will over a very similar user experience on low end devices where I find the low end android handsets slow and buggy. You might want to try them out in a shop before making your choice.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Currently using a low end Android.
Fast and stable.
Most are tbh and the "Android is buggy and laggy" comments tend to come from a friend of a friend. I.e modern day urban legend invented by isheep to try and legitimise the same tech in a £100 Android as what's in their own £700 handsets.
"Oh but Android is buggy" no it's not.
Message 6 of 37

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Android or Widows (esp for business use) are the only options you need to worry yourself with.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 37

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Android or Widows (esp for business use) are the only options you need to worry yourself with.

Widows...? LOL

But I do agree, android is very stable, crazy comments tbh.

Message 8 of 37

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I find them very useful tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I find them very useful tongue

Of course all this did was highlight a problem with Android...or fat fingers...you choose wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 37