cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartphone silly question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just got my 1st smartphone Nokia Lumia 640 LTE

I have run up a call of 1hr 29mins ..... = ..... approx 90mins off my call allowance of 300 which renews on 11th month

thins was done probably me not cancelling the call properly ..... but ..... can you tell me, does the recipient of the call need to cancel the call at their end too, I've learnt my lesson the hard way & wait to hear the recipient or caller 'put their phone down' now, then I'm assured the call is cancelled their end, then I can safely cancel the call on my phone

hope the above makes sense

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you are the one that made the call & ended it then only the minutes you have used will come off your allowance
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That's a throwback to the landlines and 3rd party system where you had to be sure the other person hung up too.

As long as you make sure you terminate the call your end it will automatically end the call for the other user.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Only the person making the call can terminate it nowadays.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 I am sorry but I disagree when I use my S6 and I have called someone and when the person on the other details has ended the call my phone disconnects also and does not need me to end the call...
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123093 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Only the person making the call can terminate it nowadays.

I don't understand that @MI5? (based on my own experience) My husband often rings me on his mobile. He never ends the call..... I am always the one who disconnects

There have been a few occasions when I have disconnected a call from my sons when they ring me and if I am not happy with something... I end the call. Back in the day it was called 'slamming the phone down' LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
OK
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for the info above ^^^^^

it does make things clearer

& yes Cleoriff, I've 'slammed the phone down' in my time, usually to close members of my family ..... no names, no packdrill wink LOL but have apologised later ..... just to keep the peace slight_smile

going on from the original question ..... my phone shows I've made 14 calls today to one number, when I've actually made 2 (a very young friend is in hospital) ..... now I have this number & 2 others along the bottom line of my home page, is it possible this number in blhs of the homepage has been triggerred by me holding the phone somehow, it has not been in my handbag today, so it couldn't have been triggerred there ..... the other 2 numbers to date have not been 'wrongly used'

thank you

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123093 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Jane ...if you are convinced you have only made 2 calls when you are being shown it's 14 then you need to get this checked out .If your O2 advisor in the shop is as helpful as you say, then maybe a visit to him may clear it up? I know I had my call log checked by CS when I was charged for calls in Spain when they had actually dropped out. They refunded my money

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @Cleoriff I'll do that tomorrow

what do you mean by the phrase 'when they had actually dropped out'

Message 10 of 12