cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recent sms message

Anonymous
Not applicable
i just received a text claiming to come from 02 offering 10% on first top up in september as a goodwill gesture for the recent network problems it also offers £10 to spend in 02 shops from sept 1st it refers you to a link that just shows a blank page is this genuine or is it a scam?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

see here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-network-coverage-disruption-UPDATE-18-07-2012-14-35/m-p... genuine

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Genuine. Not sure which link was in the text, but it may be that the page is not up yet.

Message 4 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm a bit surprised there are still people who don't know about this, it's been on all the news channels on television and radio, in all the newspapers, online on Twitter and Facebook, and on the O2 Home Page, complete with a link to the O2 Blog with full information.

Baffled! Smiley Surprised

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not baffled at all. I have to arrange meetings for around 60 people. I put them on our website, send out emails well before and another a few days before the meeting. There is always somebody who says they knew nothing about it.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

got my text this evening

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also received a text stating "To say thanks for bearing with us over the network disruption last week, we`re giving you £10 to spend in any O2 shop from 1 September through Priority Moments. Find out more at Http//blog.o2.co.uk " I have not got a clue what priority moments are, I am pay as you go so never need to go into any o2 shop unless it is to have something sorted on my phone. My late son done all that stuff for me. I just text call and top up. I cant even find out how to send picture messages properly. I send them no one gets them. LOL... WHY IS IT SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING ONE THING AND ANOTHER SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Could o2 not just have credited EVERYONE with the same amount on the pay as you go or to there bill,s. It is nice and very good of o2 to do this, but for numpties like me could it not have been made easier... Thank you o2.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everybody gets the £10 voucher. 

Those whose phones identified as being effected by the outage also get either 10% discount on thier line rental, or if on PAYG, 10% added to thier first top up in September.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was effected so i get the 10% added to my top up which in my view is very generous considering that it was a big problem & some people want more than that which is just plain greedy

Message 10 of 12