Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem on ebay

Anonymous
Not applicable

as the topic says

going to try to be quick about this

i got a brand new internal door off a company that has over 60k pos feedback

i got the door 186 quid v happy with it apart from 2 massive  chunk of wood missing seems like something has droped on it in the warehouse as the packaging was also damaged in the same place

so i rang them straight away on thurs gone, they were fine sending another 1 straight out should be with me on mon ... so sign of door .today tues still no sign of the door

also recieved a email confirming the door has been sent and states i should recieve it today (tues) which i didnt and  asking for feedback on ebay are they having a laugh

i really like and love the door and want this replacement.... but where do i stand now 1 damaged door and no idea where mine is .... not happy as they said on the phone i will have it on mon

IN A RANT

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha we've all been there:)

Lets hope it gets better soon ey:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

well a update for you all , and there is 1 lol get ready for this

well after recieving my brand new door the exact time i asked for it turned up so happy so far ha oh yeah perfect condition that was a week gone yesterday i think (lost track of time)

was offered 15 quid for compen .. ive not replied back yet

then arrived home at 2.30 today and neighbour says ive got a parcel here for u tried to deliever it to mine when i was at work .. hmmm i go and say to the neighbour im really sorry about this , she was fine about it and i said im not expecting anything , she says its heavy mind i go hmm what is it, so in her house i go and guess whats waiting for me

lol my orignal door i sent back to them same packing etc i put on

and on the packaging someone wrote on RTS (return to sender)

i go OMFG its like a bad penny that wont go away

ive had a crap day at work and then come home to this , whats next i wonder

so what shall i do with the door is it now legally mine ???

Message 13 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well you could always sell it on ebay!Smiley Very Happy

I think you need to contact them again and ask them to collect.

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

ha nd sell it bk to them the price i paid  lol lol

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

From everything you've said, they sound like a decent company so best just send them a message (always contact them via ebay's internal message service rather than using email or phone - keeps everything "official" and tidy).

You can't claim the item - it's their property and the "return to sender" doesn't change that - it could be a mistake or it could have been rejected for some reason such as not correctly displaying a "returns number".    When you hear back from them, they may say "keep it" - but don't feel obliged to do so if that would be inconvenient or costly to you.  If it's something you can use or sell - go for - just don't feel that you have to.

If you can't get it sorted or aren't happy with what the seller does - raise a dispute with ebay - simple to do.

If you do keep it - stick a bow on it and give it to someone for Christmas - just to see their face as they try to decide whether or not it's acceptable to refuse to take it slight_smile

Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

the door now is about 210 with them... id still like the damaged door wud be fab for the bedroom

now whats the chances of me telling them the story so far and me getting it really cheap with no compen to send me , will save costs on them for transport from mine and what else could they do with it when they get it apart from selling it as a 2nd which should drop the price a fair bit and then resending it to the next owner that buys it

think if i offer £50 they will take it ?

Message 17 of 20

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I think you should get it for free after this debacle haha.

Try it, don't ask don't get. I image the company will bend over backwards to prevent negative feedback.

Be sure to keep it to written communication. Just so you have something to fall back on incase it goes sideways slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks all for the input .. will send a email to them asking to keep it for 50 quid ha
will keep u all updated for the next episode
(this is better than xfactor) lol

ps thinking of sending them the link to this message ... should make them know its genuine and maybe a laff out of it lol

Message 19 of 20

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Well you've been awefully good about the company. Very polite about them despite the grievances you've had with the service. If anything it's good advertising for them:)

Xfactor has nothing on this:) ill happily watch this thread haha.
Message 20 of 20