cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube channels - What are you watching?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

As we have a thread for both Netflix and Amazon recommendations I thought it would be great to have one for YouTube channels! There are some fantastic content creators on YouTube who produce some high quality, well made and interesting videos so I've shared a few of my favourites below. wink

AlternateHistoryHub

A great channel that investigates the "what if's" from both history and fiction. From what would happen if Germany won the 2nd world war to what would the world be like if the Purge movie was real, there's a little something for everyone, all explained with fun animations. 

Science & Futursim with Issac Arthur 

One of my all time favourite YouTube channels, SFIA likes to think big about the future of humanity whilst keeping things within the laws of physic's. Could we build a Dyson Sphere? What would a real inter-planetary war look like? How realistic is faster then light travel? These and many more questions are addressed here! 

Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell

Another science based channel which covers pretty much any topic you can think of and gives an optimistic, science based take on things. Subjects like "Is meat bad for you?", "How Bacteria Rule Over Your Body" and "How We Could Build a Moon Base TODAY" are covered in great detail. With amazing animations and clear narration this is not one to miss! 

Looper

If you like movies, TV or video games then Looper is the channel for you! With new videos almost daily there' always something new to watch. From easter eggs to hidden meanings and movie mistakes this is a great channel for film and TV buffs. 

The Slow Mo Guys

Pretty much what it says on the tin! The Slow Mo Guys perform experiments and film everyday things suing a super slow motion camera and the results are as interesting and they are cool to look at. 

Tasty

Not one to watch when you're hungry! Tasty is a food recipe channel which produces instructional videos for cooking everything from breakfast right up to dinner and desert. There are some truly tasty recipes available along with some long form videos discussing all things food. 

The Joe Rogan Experience 

Featuring a wide range of guests from the crazy Alex Jones to the forward thinking Brian Cox and everyone in between. Joe Rogan's relaxed style allows you to get a unique view of his guests and their opinions. Just make sure you have some spare time as episodes average 3 hours long.  

Mike Boyd

If you need some inspiration for learning anything then Mike Boyd is your man. The channel is based around Mike trying to learn a new skill in the shortest time possible. He learns a wide variety of skills and takes on challenge's, documenting the process as he goes, mistakes and all. 

Do you follow any of the channels mentioned above? Do you have any that you would recommend to the community? Let us know in the comments below! laughing

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linus Tech Tips

Hardware reviews of all kinds of devices.

Gareth Myles (Techaddicts)

Again reviews of devices and other stuff

Message 2 of 31

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
@Martin-O2
Thanks for a nice list of things to watch. I do look at reviews on YouTube.
Message 3 of 31

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

If you like Science & Technology i.e. space, aircraft, technology and lots of stuff that should be taught at schools, checkout Curious Droid. He should get Kudos just for getting a shirt sponsor! 

Hubnut is quite fun if you like cars from the last 30 years. I mean the day to day stuff that we all had. In a similar vein but with gadgets and gizmos, TechMoan is well worth hours of your time. 

And this one: Look mum no computer which popped up at random in my lists featuring old synthesizers and creating electronic music from er, stuff. Watch the Furby organ video and you won't stop laughing. 

Should I remind you of the YouTube's underated cult classic personality: Buff Correll? I'll let you click and find out why its so unique...joy

Message 4 of 31

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Some of the ones I watch (fairly) regularly...
Unbox Therapy - quick reviews of technology, some of which can be rather outlandish - check out the gaming setup below...

The Last Leg - comedy show from Channel 4 that does mostly political commentary stuff (Warning - not all family or work friendly!)

Russell Howard - comedian from Russell Howard Hour. Also not safe for work (NSFW) with language.

Jonathan Pie - another political comedian. Very NSFW!!

Also Andie Case - musician that does a mix of original and covers.

I have What Culture for film/tv news.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for sharing those @Anonymous! I'm lacking a reliable review channel (I usually watch a few random ones) so I'll add these to my list. slight_smile

No worries @JAZZ-trad! Do you have any favourite, go-to channels for reviews or do you just browse? 

I not sure if I'm terrified of impressed with the Furby organ @sheepdog! joy I think it's a bit of both. I've seen the chap from Curious Droid before. I'll have to have a look round his channel as I love the science stuff. Tech moan looks really cool and Buff Correll is hilarious. joy 

Techmoan looks fun too! 

@gmarkj  Wow that gaming setup is incredible! Wish I had something like that at home. cool

Thanks for the comedian recommendations. It made me realise I'm not subbed to any so going to add these two to my list. What Culture looks like my kind to channel so I'll definitely be subbing to it. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 31

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
They do get spoiled there @Martin-O2 - some of the gadgets they get sent are ridiculous!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I love stuff like that @gmarkj. I'll be living vicariously through their videos ! 

signature

Message 8 of 31

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I browse @Martin-O2 especially if I am buying something I use YouTube to see what it is like ~ before purchase.
Message 9 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cool @JAZZ-trad ! It's always good to get a variety of opinions when making a big purchase. 

signature

Message 10 of 31