Did you mean: 

Would you use VR to view gigs?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that once wanted to attend some concerts but couldn't because of where they were, or some other reason Don't know

A few weeks ago a new service called MelodyVR launched. It gives you access to a number of gigs and you can pay to attend whilst choosing where to view the gig from (up close, in the crowd, front row or on stage even).

For now it looks like this service is only available with the Oculus GO handset and the Samsung Gear VR, but their website hints at more platforms coming soon. It looks like a new exciting way of experiencing live music, and I for one would love to give it a go!

Would you use Virtual Reality to remotely attend a gig?

Is this something you'd be interested in using or have used already? 

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 15.32.39.png

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Everyone seems pretty enthusiastic about the idea Happy Dance

@Glory1

Completely agree with you, it takes a little time to get used to it but the it's really fun. Someone in my family has a headset and plays Skyrim in VR, which I'm very keen on trying. I'll let them know about MelodyVR and if they can try it I'll share some more insights here!

@jonsie 

I'm afraid of heights so that sounds terrifying, I'm not sure I'd be up for something like that dizzy 

@Cleoriff

I'd love to get a chance to see the Rolling Stones! A little far from me but maybe another time ...

@Anonymous

Will be looking out for something along the lines of what you described, if there were rentable VR headsets it'd be a good step towards making this tech more accessible already. Brilliant idea smiling

After browsing this service's app page it looks like they also give you access to some recordings you can experience in Virtual Reality. I think that'll be fantastic for the years to come, once the tech gets both more accessible and refined, so you can see these special gigs years after they've happened and still get the best out of them. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 11