Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Galaxy S4 Screens Breaking.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

There are a few reports of S4 screens breaking all by themselves floating around the net at the moment. Most people have reported that they put their phones in their pocket and take them out to find lines across an otherwise blank, black screen. Samsung have not, as yet, acknowledged a manufacturing fault thoough apparently they are aware of a number of reported issues and are so far blaming user error for the damage. Time will tell how they properly respond to this (if at all) and how much damage it will do to sales of the product.

b2c61c255625144.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But MI5, The bootloaders on the HTC!!!!!

BUT, I know how to unlock them slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
But MI5, The bootloaders on the HTC!!!!!

BUT, I know how to unlock them slight_smile

Take it you don't buy network locked ones then?

Message 12 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Take it you don't buy network locked ones then?

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd love to buy a SIM free but about £500 short!
Message 14 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I bought a Nexus 4 directly from Google which I think was £239 or £279 for the 8 -16Gb versions which I thought was a good deal.

I put a few pounds to one side until I had enough.

It might not be as flash as an S4 but it does what I want and I've had no issues with it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
That would probably be the only way I'd get SIM free is a Nexus. They seem pretty reasonable price wise.
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyway, Best get back on topic!!!! LOL
Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a shame this is happening as lots of excited early adopters have rushed out to get this phone.

What with this and the internal memory issue.

But,,,,,,

I'm not saying too much with the release of the iPhone 5s / 6 being not too far around the corner !

Lol.
Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It's a sad fact that everything these days (not just phones) are been manufactured as cheaply as possible. This means that the engineering is "on the limit" of acceptability. Whilst the flexing of the case may not be an issue for 70/80% of customers there will always be a few who have their phone in a pocket when they sit down and put some slight pressure in just the wrong area and "crack" 😞
I posted this as a warning to owners and potential owners to be extra careful at least until the full extent of the issue is understood, but potentially it could equally apply to ANY phone out there, regardless of manufacturer.
With all new phones come new issues slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

To be honest it's issues such as this that stop me jumping for a new model when it first launches. Just my opinion but I wait a couple of months for these problems to come to light. There are always people queing for new phones but I prefer to read this and other forums for real user reviews.

Message 20 of 31