Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Galaxy S4 Screens Breaking.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

There are a few reports of S4 screens breaking all by themselves floating around the net at the moment. Most people have reported that they put their phones in their pocket and take them out to find lines across an otherwise blank, black screen. Samsung have not, as yet, acknowledged a manufacturing fault thoough apparently they are aware of a number of reported issues and are so far blaming user error for the damage. Time will tell how they properly respond to this (if at all) and how much damage it will do to sales of the product.

b2c61c255625144.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If it's a manufacturing fault it could hit sales very hard. Samsung will be very slow to respond until they are absolutely sure what or more importantly, if there is a problem.

Message 2 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
They also used do a pretty good job at hushing things up. There was an issue with early S3's with the screen bezel cracking, which Samsung quietly took in and replaced FOC, no questions asked. They don't appear to be quite so responsive this time around though......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
And they said iPhone screens were brittle. Thought s4 were to have that gorilla glass that was supposed to be good
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Its not the glass on the outside Stu - It's the actual screen itself.

I get the impression that Samsung are just going after profit with this phone. I'm struggling to see how they justify the price tag tbh (just my opinion of course)......

Currently using:
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

its that plastic again wink

Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Indeed it does appear to a contributing factor... allowing too much flex in the casing it would appear... It's not something any of the other Samsung plastic phones suffer from though so it must be really cheap plastic on the S4... The HTC is getting more desirable by the day slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Indeed it does appear to a contributing factor... allowing too much flex in the casing it would appear... It's not something any of the other Samsung plastic phones suffer from though so it must be really cheap plastic on the S4... The HTC is getting more desirable by the day slight_smile

You wont regret it mate slight_smile

Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

plastic rubbish, they are just cashing in on the success of the s3

Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
But MI5, The bootloaders on the HTC!!!!!
Message 10 of 31