Did you mean: 

Unfortunate but necessary news

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Unfortunately after 16+ years as an O2 customer, I have made the decision to leave O2.  The lack of choice of phones, and the contract prices have led me to look around.

For the phone I want, I have found a much better deal on Tesco Mobile at £7.50 per month cheaper on a comparable tariff, plus no upfront cost (same phone is a minimum £20 upfront cost on O2).

Tesco Mobile have separate phone and airtime tariffs too (they even allow you to change your tariff up and down at any time if you wish to), and they use the O2 network.

My wife too will be changing.  She's been an O2 customer longer than I have.

It's sad, but want a better deal that saves me money, which I just wasn't going to get with O2 unfortunately. 

Not sure if it is allowed as I will no longer be an O2 customer, but I may still pop in here from time to time.

Still the best and most friendly community I have ever come across online.

Steve

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

O2Faisal
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry to see you go Steve, heres maybe some reasons to stay.

https://www.o2.co.uk/why-o2

signature
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sorry to lose you @welshsteve76  but still keep on posting here.

We have numerous members who have moved to a different network and still keep posting on the forum. (Although Tesco mobile runs on O2 anyway) yahoo

Enjoy your new phones.

Speak soon heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi, @welshsteve76 - still keen to hear what changes as you move from O2 proper to O2 through Tesco - I have wondered about that path myself, on occasion, but then manage to find a killer deal somewhere that keeps me on O2 (having a houseful of O2 PAYG accounts helps...!).

Good luck with the move, see you around here still I hope. 

Message 4 of 14

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope that even if you choose to move from O2 @welshsteve76 you`ll still pop by the O2 Community and say Hi and maybe still post on here.

Take care and keep safe. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry you need to change @welshsteve76 but in these uncertain times it makes economical sense as well as the opportunity to get the phone of your choice.

Good luck mate thumbsup

Message 6 of 14

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks everyone.  I will stay registered on here and post whenever I get the chance, but as you say @jonsie it makes economical sense.  We have just moved from the Midlands to Devon at the end of January and my wife had not yet found a new job before lockdown, so any way we can save money has to be considered.

Thanks

Steve
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to see you go @welshsteve You must do what is best for you. I remember the photo you posted from your new home in Devon. Please don't be a stranger here on the forum xx 🏡🍀🌈
Message 8 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Customer or not you'll always be welcome on the community @welshsteve76! smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 14

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

Thanks

Steve