cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things you want to try your hand at

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there things you want to try your hand at but haven't as yet?

As you'll have noticed from my contributions to the What are you listening to thread I quite like Trance tracks and a couple of years ago I bought a licence for Native Instruments' Traktor software with the intention of having a go at mixing.

I now have an incredibly powerful PC stuffed with 32GB of RAM and am determined to give it a go over the winter as would love to be able to create my own mixes as I love this genre of music and am as passionate about it as I am about computing.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I only know he's flying into Rabat and working his way down @EmilieT 

Oh I see @jonsie, I was Sotuh of Rabat, in Agadir. Hope they'll have a fantastic trip slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I believe Agadir is on his itinerary. He's going to send it to me this evening.

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

My son wanted to do something different for his 40th birthday last year.

He decided on a month doing Tai Chi in a Chinese monastery. He loved the relaxation of it all and is now 'at one with the world'.

I asked him if he could now use it as a form of self defence, "Yes dad, if they attack me in slow motion" rofl

Made me laugh @jonsie regarding the last line in your post above

I should like to think it would promote a feeling of well-being in me if I were able to do Tai Chi

I like the sound of your son @jonsie smiling

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

Those are wonderful experiences @jonsie, do you know whereabouts in Morocco? I used to live there wink

Sorry @Anonymous for thaking this off-topic, I've wanted to try my hand at many things and try to tackle them one at a time. This year I took up running and candle making for example, not sure what will be next yet!

@EmilieT 

No prob.

Running while candle making? slight_smile

Message 15 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm doing those separately but it could be a very interesting, although quite dangerous, challenge! wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

signature

Message 16 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great thread @Anonymous! I've always wanted to try my hand at audio visual editing but I currently lack a decent PC setup to get started on. Definitely something I want to pick up on once I have the equipment. 

I'm also going to start drawing again over the winter months. It's something I've not done for years but really want to get back into. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 

Had my system built (as can't be bothered RMAing parts) by Scan Computers, it's the second system I've bougbt from them and you get exactly what you order so if you are in the market they are definitely worth looking at.

I used to know someone who had his own business filming weddings and events as well as video editing and it was really professional stuff and he did it all from his PC setup in his spare room and this was the mid 90s so processors and video processing has moved on leaps and bounds since then.

Message 18 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up on Scan Computers @Anonymous! I'll check them out when I get around to sorting out a new desktop. 

At home I only have a very old laptop which is fond of freezing up when performing the most basic operations so even a modest desktop setup would get me started.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 19 of 19