cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things you want to try your hand at

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there things you want to try your hand at but haven't as yet?

As you'll have noticed from my contributions to the What are you listening to thread I quite like Trance tracks and a couple of years ago I bought a licence for Native Instruments' Traktor software with the intention of having a go at mixing.

I now have an incredibly powerful PC stuffed with 32GB of RAM and am determined to give it a go over the winter as would love to be able to create my own mixes as I love this genre of music and am as passionate about it as I am about computing.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would love to be able to play a guitar, but also had dreams of making music - funnily enough, in the same genre as you @Anonymous!
Remember being at a number of gigs/events and thinking I could do a better job - but never did...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can play guitar enough to sing along to. Trouble is my guitar is still in Thailand so I can't practice any more. I'm not good enough to join a group but I have borrowed a guitar from one of the performing group and played drunkenly in a couple of bars there. Sang a few classics which seemed to go down well with the small audience of fellow drinkers. 🎸

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tai Chi in the local park on a warm sunny day

Done in a circle with friends & a teacher

Message 4 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Tai Chi in the local park on a warm sunny day

Done in a circle with friends & a teacher

@Anonymous One of my friends started doing Tai Chi in a park near her and is loving it! I don't know when I'd do it, but that's actually something I'd really like to try too slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My son wanted to do something different for his 40th birthday last year.

He decided on a month doing Tai Chi in a Chinese monastery. He loved the relaxation of it all and is now 'at one with the world'.

I asked him if he could now use it as a form of self defence, "Yes dad, if they attack me in slow motion" rofl

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My son wanted to do something different for his 40th birthday last year.

He decided on a month doing Tai Chi in a Chinese monastery. He loved the relaxation of it all and is now 'at one with the world'.

I asked him if he could now use it as a form of self defence, "Yes dad, if they attack me in slow motion" rofl

Love that @jonsie  rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie LOL

Jokes aside, that must have been quite a special experience for him!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes it was certainly a special memory for his 40th. After he met up with his girlfriend and had a month back packing around China, Hong Kong and Po Toi.

This year they have both left today for a month doing the same in Africa, flying into Morocco in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

Message 9 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Those are wonderful experiences @jonsie, do you know whereabouts in Morocco? I used to live there wink

Sorry @Anonymous for thaking this off-topic, I've wanted to try my hand at many things and try to tackle them one at a time. This year I took up running and candle making for example, not sure what will be next yet!

signature

Message 10 of 19