Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

This week`s contestant, chosen at random by @EmilieT is

@gmarkj 

The six questions are:

Q1 [history]: Who was the last King of France?

Q2 [sport]: Which sport features "boss", "flex", "vene", and "nock"?

Q3 [event]: Near which town in England is the annual cheese-rolling event held at Spring Bank Holiday ?

Q4 [food & drink]: Which city, according to the Michelin Guide 2019, has the most Michelin star restaurants?

Q5 [space]: Which planet in our solar system, as of 2017, has the most moons?

Q6 [TV sitcoms]: What is the name of the character, who was the female companion of John Redmond in Peter Kay`s TV sitcom "Car Share"? 

Rules:

You can only give one answer to each question.

You can answer the questions in any order - please copy and paste the question and add your answer.

You can post all of the answers together in one posts; or post one, or more, answer in several posts [as @pgn did last week]; at any time between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday] 3 October 2019.

Any answer posted before 00.01 or after 23.59 will be declared void.

Please - no googling, Wiki, social media, Youtube in search of the answers.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted on Friday 4 October 2019.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star

If you get all six questions correct, you will be awarded the Silver Thinker

Image result for silver thinker

All members, including those who have already been a contestant or have put their names forward as contestants and those who are considering being a future contestant, are welcome to join in and play along - by making their own list of questions and seeing how many they can get right - but, please do not post your answers on the thread.

Thank you for your interest and good luck @gmarkj 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Apologies for the double answer. Serve me right for not reading my earlier post.
Thanks to @Mi-Amigo for running the quiz and @EmilieT for picking me!

Edit: Oh, and i meant Saturn in my first post anyway (I was thinking the one with the rings) but would have been wrong again!!

dizzy

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 26

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Wow I wouldn't have guessed Tokyo had so many Michelin stars! Well done @gmarkj, I found this one tricky and didn't get anything right Fear but the answers, as always, so interesting nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 22 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT  I really expected that you would know the last King of France. When I read the questions, my first thought was @EmilieT will get that one... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 26

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff History wasn't my strongest subject in school rolling_eyes

I found the classes really interesting but always found it really hard to remember dates and other historical facts ...

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest @EmilieT , I found out more about history when I started reading books by Jean Plaidy, Georgette Heyer and Philippa Gregory. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys.

When it comes to the results and feedback, which shows it is never easy to know what is going to be an "easy" or "difficult" question. When I go through the ideas at the weekend for the questions, I might come across a QI-style one - only for the contestant and the players to get it, but then again I might find a question which I think will be easier and everyone will get which no-one finds the answer to.

I hope that the mix of questions continues to entertain and you will all have a go and have fun next week. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 26