• 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

This week`s contestant, chosen at random by @EmilieT   is

@RyanK1992 

The six questions are:

Q1 [people]: Who was the world`s first female Prime Minister?

Q2 [geography]: Where is Dogger Bank?

Q3 [space]: Which is the hottest planet in our Solar System (not counting the Sun)? 

Q4 [sport]: In which event did Daley Thompson win a gold medal in 1980 and 1984 Olympics?

Q5 [words]: What does a fromologist collect?

Q6 [TV sit-com]: What were the [character] names of Gary Sparrow`s two wives in TV sit-com Goodnight Sweetheart?

Hint: as usual one question is a QI-style question, where the answer is not what most people think.

Rules:

You can only give one answer to each question.

You can answer the questions in any order - please copy and paste the question and add your answer.

You can post all of the answers together in one posts; or post one, or more, answer in several posts; at any time between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday] 21 November 2019. Please note: a second answer to any question cannot be given in these subsequent posts. 

Any answer posted before 00.01 or after 23.59 on Thursday will be declared void.

Please - no googling, Wiki, social media, Youtube in search of the answers.

The results, with the correct answers, will be posted either late on Thursday 21 November [after answers have been submitted] or on Friday morning 22 November 2019.

Each correct answer will be awarded a star

If you get all six questions correct, you will be awarded the Silver Thinker

Image result for silver thinker

The White Room Thursday Quiz is open to all members.

Last week, previous contestants - @Cleoriff and @pgn - and members - @gmarkj ; @EmilieT ; @Anonymous ; @jonsie and @Anonymous played along. Hopefully, they and last week`s contestant @Sy - and any new  

members and those who have not played before, will join in and play along by  making their own list of questions and seeing how many they can get right - but, please do not post your answers on the thread. You will be able to see how well you did when I give the correct answers late Thursday or Friday morning.

Thank you for your interest and good luck @RyanK1992 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Looking forward to this.

My thinking cap is well and truely on.

I do know I do at least have 1 in the bag wink

IMG_20191120_102943.jpg

iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 2 of 24

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Some good questions yet again, @Mi-Amigo! I'm not sure about any of them just yet, I'll have to think ...

Good luck @RyanK1992 Drum

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 24

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With your avatar and the photo, I can see you have taste @RyanK1992 . Good luck with the questions...

The questions are not as easy as they might first seem this week @EmilieT but hope you will play along and have a go at some - you might be right Thinking  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

With your avatar and the photo, I can see you have taste @RyanK1992 . Good luck with the questions...

The questions are not as easy as they might first seem this week @EmilieT but hope you will play along and have a go at some - you might be right Thinking  

That's a problem @Mi-Amigo . I can't see one QI type question... which leads me to believe the Silver Thinker would be out of my grasp this week. (again) rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

That's a problem @Mi-Amigo . I can't see one QI type question... which leads me to believe the Silver Thinker would be out of my grasp this week. (again) rofl

... or, @Cleoriff , it could mean that you know the answers to all the questions, so none would catch you out nerd Happy Dance As for the Silver Thinker, there is always next week - if your name gets drawn by @EmilieT Thoughful

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 for sure! I really need to brush up on my ologies..

Actually.. scrub that.. 5 I know! Woohoo

Message 7 of 24

Sy
Level 3: Thinker
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm glad I didn't get this set of questions last week, I'd not be getting as many, though Q6 was sweet grin
Message 8 of 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Sy 

The categories for the quiz do change slightly each week. So it is the luck of the draw what a contestant may face. That said, you did really well last week, given it was your first go as a contestant. Be interested to know how many you get right this week when results are announced. 

@Anonymous 

Knowing five is impressive. You`ll be able to check to see if they were right late tomorrow or Friday morning. If you do get five right again - as you did playing along last week - maybe you`d like to put your name forward as a contestant for a future White Room Thursday Quiz? [no pressure, glad you are playing along, and is just a suggestion] Thoughful

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
No thanks, I’m more than happy to sit and post from the sidelines!
Message 10 of 24