Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
That's not what we heard on team radio - Lewis wanted to go to the end and not do that last pit stop.....

I suppose this is the difference between watching BBC and Sky Rich. They interviewed Toto before the guys got on the podium and he definitely said it was Lewis who made the decision after 'discussion with his team'......(the interviewers pushed him again on that.....

Either way it was a bleep up....

Like I said, NOT what was said on team radio at all.....

Lewis was asking to stay out and was asking what his target lap times needed to be to do so - the team said it wouldn't work and he had to come in to pit, but it was all too late by then......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3961 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well this is taken from my balcony this morning...and none of the photography buffs ( @viridis) need give me a lecture about contrast or zoom.....or fiddly piddly arty farty stuff...Happy Dance

just so beautiful @Cleoriff ... what a view from your appartment balcony slight_smile

Message 3963 of 7,616

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Bad bad decision...

Without a shadow of doubt - if they wanted him in it should have been 1 or 2 laps after Ros.... to go as far as they did, they should have left him out to the end.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3964 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Bad bad decision...

Without a shadow of doubt - if they wanted him in it should have been 1 or 2 laps after Ros.... to go as far as they did, they should have left him out to the end.

Thinking about it Lewis did say on the podium that he thought he could take the car to the end but it was decided otherwise. This is the second time this season then that the team have made a bad call about Lewis and his tyres? There was another race when he wanted to stay out and race till the end?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3965 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

PS never mind...Andy Murray has led team GB to victory in the Davis Cup....oh wahey....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3966 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

I truly don't understand F1

all the money

top tech racing cars & back up & then stooopid guys giving their team top driver stooopid instructions

imho in sport you play to win ... end of

I can clearly remember it was said at the recent World Rugby Union Cup England should have played for a draw in order to be against a perceived easier opponent next round

well how do you feel about that?

@MI5 I've no wish to put you on the spot ( in any case if you don't wish to answer my following question, you'll just ignore it, Mr Distinguished Himself or not wink ..... the question MI5, with your footie kids teams, would you ever advise the captain & his team to play for a draw, me I wouldn't 'cos you're relying on the opposing team not to score in say 2nd half extra time Don't know

Message 3967 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sorry but Hamilton made the decision to stay out. He lost 10 seconds in 8 laps and the race was lost by then. You can't blame team orders for that. That only came into the equation with a handful of laps to go in order to get 1 and 2 finishes.

Message 3968 of 7,616

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 I've no wish to put you on the spot ( in any case if you don't wish to answer my following question, you'll just ignore it, Mr Distinguished Himself or not wink ..... the question MI5, with your footie kids teams, would you ever advise the captain & his team to play for a draw, me I wouldn't 'cos you're relying on the opposing team not to score in say 2nd half extra time Don't know

As they only 10 yr olds I only advise them to play their best and enjoy themselves, win, loose or draw wink

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3969 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely Stupendous Bouncy

My mum & dad will be pleased, particularly my mum

I do like him & his tennis, but my concentration level atm is that of the proverbial gnat *tsk tsk*

He should be rewarded in the Queen's New Year Honours List ..... or I shall want to know why 

Message 3970 of 7,616