Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Reply
Posts: 83,293
Topics: 577
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: The Virtual Lounge


@Cleoriff wrote:

Was the caller from India? I get one of those every other day @jonsie 


No it was an English speaking recording.

Posts: 97,223
Topics: 758
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: The Virtual Lounge

So first day after lockdown and I'm off to have this mess of hair cut and coloured this morning!. Thank God for it.

Beginning to look like a used birds nest!!

Talking of birds nest, we found two old ones in the two giant leylandii we had removed on Monday. Took an hour to bring them down. 48 years of age they were. So even though it cost us just under 200 quid, it was well worth it for the light we now have back in the garden!!

 

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 8: Talented
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎18-11-2020

Re: The Virtual Lounge

Oh.. I thought today was the last day of lockdown.. I think I shall avoid town then.. all the oiks will be down there polluting like the good old days.. pfft
Posts: 15,088
Topics: 277
Registered: ‎11-01-2014

Re: The Virtual Lounge

Hello @Cleoriff 

Did you plant the leylandii, you mentioned above

48 years old is a good old age for any tree

Was there any damage to your garden.

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*



I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Posts: 97,223
Topics: 758
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: The Virtual Lounge

Morning @WispaRed7 

We planted them as they were cheap in our garden. However being a greenhorn at the time, I had no idea how high they would grow. Problem is in the summer they are a landing ground for pigeons and I hate damn pigeons! So down they came. 😂

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Posts: 15,088
Topics: 277
Registered: ‎11-01-2014

Re: The Virtual Lounge


@Cleoriff wrote:

Morning @WispaRed7 

We planted them as they were cheap in our garden. However being a greenhorn at the time, I had no idea how high they would grow. Problem is in the summer they are a landing ground for pigeons and I hate damn pigeons! So down they came. 😂


Yes @Cleoriff pigeons are vermin ... they just $h*t everywhere ... there are a few gatherings of them in town ... I was feeding the ducks the other day and got swamped by the pigeons, even landing on me ... they took some shaking off!

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*



I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Posts: 97,223
Topics: 758
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: The Virtual Lounge


@WispaRed7 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Morning @WispaRed7 

We planted them as they were cheap in our garden. However being a greenhorn at the time, I had no idea how high they would grow. Problem is in the summer they are a landing ground for pigeons and I hate damn pigeons! So down they came. 😂


Yes @Cleoriff pigeons are vermin ... they just $h*t everywhere ... there are a few gatherings of them in town ... I was feeding the ducks the other day and got swamped by the pigeons, even landing on me ... they took some shaking off!


Sounds like Alred Hitchcocks The Birds @WispaRed7 Fear

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Posts: 16,588
Topics: 139
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: The Virtual Lounge

I hear bamboo plants, if unconstrained, are miles worse than Leylandii, @Cleoriff. A bit like that poisonous Japanese knotweed that wrecks brickwork and foundations and stuff as well as irritating your skin something awful.
Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Posts: 97,223
Topics: 758
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: The Virtual Lounge


@pgn wrote:
I hear bamboo plants, if unconstrained, are miles worse than Leylandii, @Cleoriff. A bit like that poisonous Japanese knotweed that wrecks brickwork and foundations and stuff as well as irritating your skin something awful.

I can vouch for that @pgn . Bamboo should always be planted in a pot, it's extremely invasive as we found out to our cost. With a lot of hard work we dug ours up and then killed the rest.

We have a water feature in our garden and unfortunately planted smaller bamboo round the edge. It also grew out of control, Ripped up everything to get at it, dug it out, relaid the garden feature, covered it with plant resistant membrane, put the stones back on and a new fountain.....2 years later, guess whats growing back??

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Posts: 83,293
Topics: 577
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: The Virtual Lounge