11,700 REPLIES 11,700

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Was the caller from India? I get one of those every other day @jonsie 

No it was an English speaking recording.

Message 8451 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So first day after lockdown and I'm off to have this mess of hair cut and coloured this morning!. Thank God for it.

Beginning to look like a used birds nest!!

Talking of birds nest, we found two old ones in the two giant leylandii we had removed on Monday. Took an hour to bring them down. 48 years of age they were. So even though it cost us just under 200 quid, it was well worth it for the light we now have back in the garden!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8452 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh.. I thought today was the last day of lockdown.. I think I shall avoid town then.. all the oiks will be down there polluting like the good old days.. pfft
Message 8453 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Cleoriff 

Did you plant the leylandii, you mentioned above

48 years old is a good old age for any tree

Was there any damage to your garden.

Message 8454 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Morning @Anonymous 

We planted them as they were cheap in our garden. However being a greenhorn at the time, I had no idea how high they would grow. Problem is in the summer they are a landing ground for pigeons and I hate damn pigeons! So down they came. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8455 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Morning @Anonymous 

We planted them as they were cheap in our garden. However being a greenhorn at the time, I had no idea how high they would grow. Problem is in the summer they are a landing ground for pigeons and I hate damn pigeons! So down they came. 😂

Yes @Cleoriff pigeons are vermin ... they just $h*t everywhere ... there are a few gatherings of them in town ... I was feeding the ducks the other day and got swamped by the pigeons, even landing on me ... they took some shaking off!

Message 8456 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Morning @Anonymous 

Yes @Cleoriff pigeons are vermin ... they just $h*t everywhere ... there are a few gatherings of them in town ... I was feeding the ducks the other day and got swamped by the pigeons, even landing on me ... they took some shaking off!

Sounds like Alred Hitchcocks The Birds @Anonymous Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8457 of 11,701

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
I hear bamboo plants, if unconstrained, are miles worse than Leylandii, @Cleoriff. A bit like that poisonous Japanese knotweed that wrecks brickwork and foundations and stuff as well as irritating your skin something awful.
Message 8458 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
I hear bamboo plants, if unconstrained, are miles worse than Leylandii, @Cleoriff. A bit like that poisonous Japanese knotweed that wrecks brickwork and foundations and stuff as well as irritating your skin something awful.

I can vouch for that @pgn . Bamboo should always be planted in a pot, it's extremely invasive as we found out to our cost. With a lot of hard work we dug ours up and then killed the rest.

We have a water feature in our garden and unfortunately planted smaller bamboo round the edge. It also grew out of control, Ripped up everything to get at it, dug it out, relaid the garden feature, covered it with plant resistant membrane, put the stones back on and a new fountain.....2 years later, guess whats growing back??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8459 of 11,701

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions