The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8576 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm sorry sun, what is sun. Grey and miserable here. The sun attempted to shine, without success today. But it's very close and humid.

So the heat without the sun. Just as bad in my view. Hate this weatherrage

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4461 of 12,007

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Heavy showers and a slightly chilling wind here. Central heating on and helping!! flash

Message 4462 of 12,007

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Heavy showers and a slightly chilling wind here. Central heating on and helping!! flash

I'll trade you @jonsie. If given a choice between cloudy and humid and wet and cold, I'll take wet and cold every time. At least you can turn heating on and get warm. Nothing you can do when it's sticky and humid. I have a fan but that just circulates the warm air but it's better than nothing.

Message 4463 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

What you need is air conditioning.....

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I'll trade you @jonsie. If given a choice between cloudy and humid and wet and cold, I'll take wet and cold every time. At least you can turn heating on and get warm. Nothing you can do when it's sticky and humid. I have a fan but that just circulates the warm air but it's better than nothing.

Message 4464 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125878 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

I hate air conditioning. #just saying....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4465 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 125878 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

I wouldn't have it in my apartment in Spain. It was a corner apartment and with every window open there was always some sort of breeze coming through. Except one year when it was 40+ degrees every day. It was like a sauna and the only way to get cool was in the pool or under a cold shower!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4467 of 12,007

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

What you need is air conditioning.....

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

If only @jonsie. I've 2 lots of friends with air conditioning; one in London and the other in Cambridge. I love spending time there in the summer, particularly when it's close like this. 

In New York @Cleoriff, you can't survive the summers without air conditioning. Particularly in the bedroom, so you can sleep. Not many people had it in their homes, unless very wealthy, when I lived in New York. Now everyone has it pretty much. It helps you survive New York summers which can be brutal.

Message 4468 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Most of the bars have half a dozen ceiling fans but unless you are directly under one whilst it's moving 60 degrees in either direction, they run a poor second to a/c. It's always a cost exercise due to the electricity they use. But a/c is essential in the home.

Message 4469 of 12,007

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I wouldn't have it in my apartment in Spain. It was a corner apartment and with every window open there was always some sort of breeze coming through. Except one year when it was 40+ degrees every day. It was like a sauna and the only way to get cool was in the pool or under a cold shower!

Well that's what New York summers are like every year, @Cleoriff. I'm not crazy about air-conditioning but it's better than constantly feeling wet and sticky, and uncomfortable. And the heat makes me feel ill as well, always has.

I can take dry heat. Spent 10 days in Israel in the middle of summer, and it's hot there in the 90sC. But it's a dry heat. Hot but bearable. And it cools down in the evenings too. Not chilly, just comfortable. And, of course, the hotels are air-conditioned. So I never felt ill and was active without being sweaty and uncomfortable.

Message 4470 of 12,007