iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,706
11,705 REPLIES 11,705

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

So you yearn for the old days, but won't go back because returning to the present would be too much of a kick in the solar plexus. 

Yeah, if I had it all over again, I don't think I'd try to change anything either.

That said, I would not want to inflict my mental image of how things were onto anyone else - none of this "we won the war" ****, there be Dragons of all sorts down that path 😮

Message 5121 of 11,706

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I don't actually yearn for the good old days @pgn , I just remember them with great fondness.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5122 of 11,706

pgn
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I don't actually yearn for the good old days @pgn , I just remember them with great fondness.

Me too, @Cleoriff - fond remembrance, that's a good way to describe it. 

Message 5123 of 11,706

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I, too, have some fond memories of my past - but that doesn`t mean I want to relive them in today`s environment

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5124 of 11,706

pgn
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions
Lots of water up around @Anonymous's way - I hope she is OK!
Message 5125 of 11,706

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for thinking about me @pgn smiling

Yes, the railway system has sufferred a lot with delayed and cancelled trains

Thankfully my home is on relatively high ground 

There have been flood aleviation schemes put into Skipton a few years ago

There is a locally famous photo of barrels of beer floating around the town centre

It has become very slippery underfoot where the leaves, mud and water have all come together 

Message 5126 of 11,706

pgn
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just read about your O2 Surprise - sounds like lots of people think about you this week 👍

Yes, floods are never nice - they hit our village in August 2 years ago - awful damage. Thankfully we are high enough up to miss it, only just. I did have to park the car about a mile away, and a tractor offered us a lift, one at a time, fordibg the large lake that formed across the main road into the village, at around 2am - younger daughter first, me about 20mins later. She was most embarrassed about being dropped off by a loud tractor at our front door. yahoo

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/watch-drone-footage-captures-extent-of-flooding-across-parts-of-northern-ireland-36060925.html

Hopefully we never see the like again. 

Message 5127 of 11,706

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just read about your O2 Surprise - sounds like lots of people think about you this week 👍

Yes, floods are never nice - they hit our village in August 2 years ago - awful damage. Thankfully we are high enough up to miss it, only just. I did have to park the car about a mile away, and a tractor offered us a lift, one at a time, fordibg the large lake that formed across the main road into the village, at around 2am - younger daughter first, me about 20mins later. She was most embarrassed about being dropped off by a loud tractor at our front door. yahoo

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/watch-drone-footage-captures-extent-of-flooding-across-parts-of-northern-ireland-36060925.html

Hopefully we never see the like again. 

People here are very kind thinking about me at pesent @pgn yourself included, and I am very grateful

Just awful the flooding you are referring to

It's the Aire valley which floods hereabouts easily making travelling very difficult

Message 5128 of 11,706

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Just watched it on the news. Areas of Derbyshire, Doncaster and Sheffield under water. Limited or no warnings given. A real tragedy. cry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5129 of 11,706

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

is it because of severe rainfall?

Guys... Last night I dreamed something weird. I don't remember much of it... Just that I went to a pub in Ireland and surprise, surprise... @jonsie  was there... So even my sleepy brain connects him to party and booze XD 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 5130 of 11,706