Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Music Thread

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is there an official thread for discussing music likes etc?  I couldn't find one so thought I'd start one off.

What is everyone's favourite music, bands etc?  I like loads of bands, mainly rock/metal, but also like 80s stuff.

My favourite bands currently are:

Metallica (all time faves)

Alter Bridge

Trivium

Black Stone Cherry

The Cadillac Three

Slipknot

Iron Maiden

Stone Sour

Blacktop Mojo

Royal Blood

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

@Glory1You were friends with the Ronettes? I take my hat off to you. Brilliant group The wonder of the Spector sound...

My favourite song of theirs..

Yes @Cleoriff I grew up with Estelle, Ronnie's older sister and met Ronnie and Nedra (their cousin) in high school. Ronnie and Nedra left before graduation to form the Ronettes with Estelle. And Be My Baby is also my favourite song.

I was very sad when I heard of Estelle's death a few years ago.

They were fantastic girls, great senses of humour and were missed by many when they left high school. Of course, there were some who became very jealous when they became well known but that's no surprise. Bless them they sent me tickets to their first live show. Boy was I popular with all my friends and even some who weren't that fond of me LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 69

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

The Moody Blues

The Beatles

The Shaddows

Jack Jones

Frank Sinatra

Others like Bryan Addams ... Neil Diamond ... Michael Buble ...The Searchers ... The Tremeloes 

@Glory1 I remember Phil Spectre & his 'Wall of Sound' of which the Ronnettes were a good example of music

Yes @Anonymous you mention more of my favourites excluding Frank Sinatra. I was a fan of his acting less so of his singing. Preferred Sammy Davis Jr who I thought had the better voice.

Phil Spectre had some great groups. Ronnie was married to him for awhile BIG mistake on her part. His choice of music excellent but apart from that he was always a bit strange. Little kniwn fact: he was once part of a group called The Teddy Bears who were one hit wonders back in the early 60s.

Message 32 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Phil Spector was a weird one though. I believe he worked with the Beatles on one of their albums Let it Be and so many other artists. A musical genius of his time...

Then, after that car accident where he sustained severe head injuries he became a bit of a recluse wearing  the most peculiar wigs.

Then of course came the shooting and murder of that actress and he is still in prison...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 69

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yep he went from top of the pops to jailbird. Shame really.

Message 34 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

My favourite bands currently are

> Bring Me The Horizon 

> Black Veil Brides

> Asking Alexandria 

> Of Mice & Men

> Hollywood Undead

> Iron Maiden 

> Papa Roach

> Skillet

To Name a few haha Here's My Spotify Playlist - https://open.spotify.com/user/nocookies4u/playlist/57YmRIZBnKqbEM5Z4gkp0H?si=QM5eaHTgQaSoVhr8ZijTbQ

I do Emo, Punk, Rock, to Disney, Country, Classical = Screamo

One end <-----------------------------------------------------------------> The Other End 

Message 35 of 69

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

There's no accounting for taste - this one combines video effects and a beat and track that holds me rapt when it appears in my Youtube play list...

Message 36 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

One of my favourites. Must admit to being shocked when I saw what he looked like after I heard the song.

Beautiful voice though

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 69

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

This guy's voice gets me too, @Cleoriff - but given he's the lead vocalist for an American Heavy Metal band, that's not surprising - plus it's a well-known track!  Again, the atmosphere from the graphics...

Message 38 of 69

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When I started listening to that I thought I was going to hate it but once he went up an octave I thought yeah, this is ok but by the end I thought it was great. Excellent, so much so that I've listened to it a few times and now downloaded it heart_eyes

@pgn wrote:

This guy's voice gets me too, @Cleoriff - but given he's the lead vocalist for an American Heavy Metal band, that's not surprising - plus it's a well-known track!  Again, the atmosphere from the graphics...

Message 39 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

I have to say I was mightily impressed with that @pgn. I have always loved the song but never been keen on Simon and Garfunkel (Blasphemy!)

Excellent cover, great voice...:smileywink:

PS, Even my husband, who always prefers original versions, looked up and asked 'who's that?' Then said it was good. Praise indeed Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 69