Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Music Thread

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is there an official thread for discussing music likes etc?  I couldn't find one so thought I'd start one off.

What is everyone's favourite music, bands etc?  I like loads of bands, mainly rock/metal, but also like 80s stuff.

My favourite bands currently are:

Metallica (all time faves)

Alter Bridge

Trivium

Black Stone Cherry

The Cadillac Three

Slipknot

Iron Maiden

Stone Sour

Blacktop Mojo

Royal Blood

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37244 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

That's another of my faves, @Cleoriff - They are coming... those fine young men, in their clean white coats... wibble!rofltongue_winking

Message 61 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I like 'soft rock' music the best ... fave band is The Moody Blues ... & ... I too, Glory1 like trad jazz music

I had planned to go to a jazz club in Bradford tonight to experience a 16 piece Big Band, however, my heart is in it but not my head slight_frown

Here'y'go, @Anonymousone of my fave Moody Blues tracks - me an pretty much everybody else, I imagine!

thank you for this @pgn ... luv Justin Hayward's voice ... & ... he still looks good kissing_heart

Message 62 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jamie Lawson - I Didn't Expect That 

Try this song ... it engages the emotions ... was recommended to me by a dear male friend 

Message 63 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff

While I'm not particularly a Muse fan there is an excellent remix of their track Knights of Cydonia by Wizzy Noise and John '00' Fleming, only a few copies exist on acetate and tend to change hands for 40+ quid a time.

Some kind soul did upload it to Youtube though so here you go

Message 64 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93272 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Very different to the type of music I normally listen to but this is actually quite good. Not sure I would want to pay forty quid for it though.

Message 65 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124233 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I like it @Anonymous. Though I wouldn't pay that for it....(In fact I rarely pay for any music I like) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't own any vinyl but do listen to a lot of mixes as my favourite genre of music is Trance which is actually a subgenre of Dance/Electronica.

Message 67 of 69

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Cool track @Anonymous but like @jonsie and @Cleoriff no way would I pay £40 for it.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 68 of 69

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't own any vinyl but do listen to a lot of mixes as my favourite genre of music is Trance which is actually a subgenre of Dance/Electronica.

@AnonymousThere's some stuff I got on vinyl because I couldn't find a CD version especially when it comes to remixes.  Like this one which admittedly I never heard the original till Sunday but what a remix:

and this one I completely missed back in the day till a random trance shuffle on youtube came up with this gem from '99:

Annoyingly, this particular remix isn't available on anything but mp3 download scream  The original is a more laid back tune hearing it now and just about available on CD. 

Sheepdog in "I have many tunes with 5 words or less in it" mode

Message 69 of 69