Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I will mention clothes tonight! Claudia in a white trouser suit? Very 90's!

Motsie...well, someone should discuss her dress sense. She never impresses me at all.

Far too much filler with chat tonight.

JJ and Amy..Charleston. I quite enjoyed it, though as Craig said, he could have hammed it up a bit more Scored 20

Ranvir and Giovanni, Viennese Waltz. A beautiful dance. Loved it. Scored 27

Maisie and Gorka. What a brilliant jive. Just  great, Scored 28

Bill and Oti.  Argentine Tango. My favourite dance, but sadly not by Bill. Not enough detail for me. Scored 24.

HRVY and Janette. American Smooth. Absolutely superb!!Nothing more to say. Scored 29

Jamie and Karen. Jive. In the words of Shania Twain, 'that don't impress me much' Also there wasn't a lot of jive content. Scored 24.

Looks as if JJ could be  in the dance off....hopefully it's not with Maisie!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 81 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Have to say this was the worst show of the series. Awful choice of music to the dances and a definite lack of energy to last weeks. The Andrew Lloyd Webber begging routine didn't help either. The opening routine was pretty awful save Johannes in heels. 

Tess: nice dress cool Claudia: WOW in White. In WHITE!!!! And then the judges turn up in what seems to be Tess's sacked wardrobe assistant muli-tasking efforts thinking

JJ: Boing boing boing! Judges absolutely right though but may have reached the end of the road tonight which will be a nice one to go out on. 

Ranvir: boring. Though Giovanni did more of the work and she laid back. Like most weeks. Played the family card with added emotion probably did no favours with me. 

Maisie: Didn't like it. Yes good technique but the routine just didn't click for me. I'll be radical and say dance-off winner. Now if they'd put her in the plant outfit, that would have been spectacular!

Bill: not his best dance, poor poor choice of tune aggravated by the singers. My 3 votes for the night because he'll need it. 

Boy with no vowels: yes a couple of mistakes but best of the night by some considerable margin. Now will Jeannette push it too far next week and he exits?

Jamie: obscure musical awful song that even the DOA couldn't save. Jive far too simplistic and outdone by the desk choreography. 

So a bit quick of maths means the only person safe tonight is Biebs though I reckon the dance-off is going to be between Jamie and JJ.

Musical Mediocrity act on Sunday is Marisha Wallace doing something that won't impress me because its musicals week. Though the soundtrack to the And Juliet seems rather more fun to do a medley of. 

Message 82 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

To be honest, unless your name is HRVY, you should be worried as the public are a fickle lot.

My votes also went to Bill.

However, I think it's time for JJ to go. He would not welcome the sympathy votes he's been getting the past few weeks. I hope Jamie is also in the dance off, as I can't think of a worse jive. He was totally overmarked.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Just to let you know, I will be recording SCD tonight as it's the penultimate F1 race in Bahrain which starts at 17.10.

I watch it all..... including the post race discussions. Don't let that stop anyone posting. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 111

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
pass slight_smile

I presume you will be watching F1 anyway @jonsie smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 111

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well, I'm back (the race is over)....

All the SCD team in black tonight!

Not keen on the opening number at all. Nor that singer whatever her name was.

In the dance off are JJ and Amy and Jamie and Karen...

Craig and Shirley voted for Jamie, Motsi voted for JJ, So JJ is out.

Right decision in my opinion.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 88 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff I actually liked the results show opening number, made a nice change from the Pro's routine. 

Claudia dressed in some sort of browny black vinyl bow. Suppose at least its not all black so lets see what colour is chosen next week. 

That woman singer was an excruitating dirge. Best thing to decribe is taking "You'll never walk alone" strip it of all emotion then stamp on it several times. Even Anton/Diane were awful. 

Thought JJ was the better one in the dance-off but like I said, its a good one to go out on for him and full respect to him. 

Next week we have a Double dance show with Biebs doing the Dance of Death and Bill doing a heavy metal tango. Both possibly candidates for the dance-off. Which could mean the second dance could be the Dance-a-thon Disaster that nobody likes and is biased to who the judges want to see in the final. And its not going to be Jamie is it. 

Message 89 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Oh good news, its not the dance-athon after all according to ITT tonight and it is two different dances. Unfortunately for Biebs, he's the only one  of the entire series who gets to get a default to the dance-off with the Dance of Deatch rofl He's also got the Charleston so quite possibly safe for the final anyway. 

Message 90 of 111