Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

First couple in the dance off...

Caroline and Johannes (good)

v

Maisie and Gorka. (this lass obviously isn't popular with the public and I can't see why?!!)

Loved Billy Ocean by the way...

Maisie and Gorka on a different level to Caroline in the dance off.

All 3 judges  voted for Maisie. Thanks god.

Very gracious (acting) speech by Caroline. rofl

Did I hear Bill is doing the jive next week? Can't wait!

Oh and Gary Barlow is the guest act next week....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Week 6 Songs and Dances...

Clara and Aljaž: Jive to River Deep Mountain High by Tina Turner

Ranvir and Giovanni: American Smooth to I Say a Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin

Maisie and Gorka: Quickstep to When You're Smiling by Andy Williams

HRVY and Janette: Couple's Choice: Street/Commercial to A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay

Bill and Oti: Jive to One Way Or Another by Blondie

Jamie and Karen: Tango to Tanguera by Sexteto Mayor

JJ and Amy: Viennese Waltz to Rescue by Lauren Daigle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Think this week is going to be a very strong week from all contestants and we may be in for a surprise exit. Though lets put Maisie in there to make it 3 in a row rofl Seriously though, if Ranvir doesn't deliver an exceptional American Smooth she could be the one going this week.

Message 73 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Before I start, there was so much padding in this show, it was ridiculous!!

Clara and Aljaz.... Jive. Great music. Poor performance. Lost her way in that dance. Scored 19

Jamie and Karen...Tango Jamie is a dark horse I think. He danced that extremely well Scored 24.

HRVY and Janette...Couples Choice/Street Commercial. Absolutely superb interpretation. Loved it, even though I hate Coldplay (lol) Scored all 10's 30.

Ranvir and Giovanni... American Smooth. Mmmm. Danced well, though didn't set me alight. Craig said it, they played safe. Scored 24 (overmarked in my opinion)

Bill and Oti...Jive... What a shame. Loved it although one or two little mistakes. Scored 24.

JJ and Amy ..Viennese Waltz. Awful choice of music, despite that, it was a beautiful dance.Scored 25

Maisie and Gorka...Quickstep. Wow, what an excellent dance. Probably one of the best of the night

Scored 29. (It will be a real injustice if she is in bottom 2 this week)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Tess: re-imagining the purple one from Quality Street. Though there is more content in the Quality Street wrapper.

Claudia: dress down Black Friday. Last season's outfit so guess BBC cutbacks now in effect.

Oti: Living room curtains

Shirley: Chefs outfit with extra starch

Craig: still hasn't found a matching jacket to go with his short trousers.

Clara certainly made a mess out of that from the outset with insurance claims coming in till next week. Will she do better in the dance-off?

Jamie: it was ok but Shirley pointed out the issue I had with it: he needs to understand the musicality. Good routine though.

Biebs: only thing wrong with this were their outfits. Fully deserved 3 tens. 

Ranvir: dull and she doesn't like criticism at all from Craig as shown on her face. My pick for the dance-off and playing it safe may not be enough if Clara pulls off her actual routine without errors. 

Bill: kind of missed the studio audience with this one. Still good and you probably won't see a better jive from an older celeb.

JJ: great routine and safe from being in the dance off this week. Just in case you forgot, the last person to dance in a kilt was Kenny Logan scream

Maisie: her best dance and obviously with 2nd on the leaderboard, isn't going to be in the dance-off and shouldn't be. Though her inelegance kind of showed why the public don't take to her during the "phone lines are open" stupidity.

3 of them on 4 points so a lot could happen but I suspect Clara/Ranvir will be the ones. 

Message 75 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Loved the opening pinball machine group dance. Very innovative.

The first couple in the dance off Jamie and Karen!! You what??!! (I thought it would be Ranvir)

Thought the couple who won the Greatest Dancer did a beautiful routine.

2nd couple in the dance off, unsurprisingly, Clara and Aljaz.

Very surpised at Gary Barlow. If they hadn't announced his name (and I wasn't watching), I would've had no idea it was him!!

Next week it's Musicals Week and Bill and Oti are doing the Argentine Tango (DO NOT MESS IT UP!! rofl)

Blimey! Craig saved Clara, thankfully Shirley and Motsi saved Jamie and Karen. So Clara is out.

See you next week!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I needed Optrex for that pinball routine. Liked the bit with the couple who won the Greatest Dancer but destined to be largely forgotten. Liked Tess's outfit and all I can say about Claudia is that its nice to see her have her hair done differently. If there is a prime candidate for rebooting "What not to wear", she's it. 

Gary Barlow - I'll give him a pass for not being awful, ok 3rd best this series. Forgotten what the tune was but performed well. Bonus points for Nadiya and Luba heart_eyes

Right result for saving Jamie and for the right reasons from Shirley & Oti. Craig obviously blind to Clara's errors. Shame she made mistakes but was always up against it unfortunately.

Bruno in the Broom closet:

"Bruno, could you put yourself on mute"

"I'm talking"

"Exactly"

I shall look forward to the tenous musical week themes with the bar set very low to what the interpretion is from the couples. 

Message 77 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Musicals Week. Songs and Dances

*Bill & Oti: Argentine Tango to Phantom of the Opera from Phantom of the Opera

*HRVY & Janette: American Smooth to One (Singular Sensation) from A Chorus Line

*Jamie & Karen: Jive to Everybody's Talking About Jamie from Everybody's Talking About Jamie

*JJ & Amy: Charleston to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

*Maisie & Gorka: Jive to Little Shop of Horrors from Little Shop of Horrors

*Ranvir & Giovanni: Viennese Waltz to She Used To Be Mine from Waitress

Must admit I have never heard of Jamie's Musical. Seems a bit twee to me. rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to Bill and Oti's Argentine Tango to the music from Phantom of the Opera.

Message 79 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking forward to Bill and Oti's Argentine Tango to the music from Phantom of the Opera.

Same here @Anonymous . I'm hoping he will be amazing lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 80 of 111