Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

So just to respond to your response @sheepdog rofl

Shirley was in the news last week talking about the vile messages she got for voting Ranvir out.

The FB SCD forum was alight with rage after Bill was announced as the winner. People calling it a fix and how it was rigged...not forgetting how 'they would never watch it again' c/r/a/p!!

These people were in the HRVY camp. rofl

One even said Bill only won due to the message from Brian May and Roger Taylor. (I'm sure it helped)

Enjoyed Robbie Williams, there again, I always do.

I missed the 'obviously recorded' opening routine. Had to change channels and dropped the remote. yahoo Much tutting from the other half resulted in 'a bit of a row'....

All in all a great show. Have to say though, HRVY's Nan and Grandad looked most uncomfortable when speaking to camera. (In fact Grandad didn't say one word)

Loved Jamie's sister asking for Giovanni's phone number.

I read somewhere that Bruno was paid £20,000 for his (lack of) input into the show. Guess what, he isn't needed. I hope he never returns. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 111 of 111